IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization
founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA
works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam,
cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture
research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA invites applications for the internationally recruited position below:
Job Title: Director Research Support
Ref No: DDG-R4D/DRS/07/16
- IITA is recruiting a Director for the newly established Research
Support directorate. The Director will give strategic direction to and
provide oversight of the directorate’s four units: Data and Information
Management, Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation, Proposal
Development & Project Administration.
- Development of a strong M&E organization and culture at the Institute.
- Provide support for strategic proposal development and efficient project administration/ management.
- Ensure harmonization and maximize synergies between the 4 units
so as to ensure efficient and pro-active support across the Institute.
- The director will report to the Deputy Director General for Research for Development.
- Priorities for the Research support directorate are:
- Development of a strong and efficient data and information management unit, including ICT that will support the whole Institute.
- Strengthening of the Institute’s strategic communication and web presence and integration of communication in research.
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in any relevant discipline with related work experience in research management.
- At least 15 years experience in leadership position in research
administration and support, with documented increase in responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in successful organizational restructuring/organizational development
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English.
- Specialization/expertise in one or more of the areas covered by the 4 units under the directorate is an advantage
The contract will be for an initial period of three years with
possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate send their Covering letter which
should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the
specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and
addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the
Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s
direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 25th August, 2016.