Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile
telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel
Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting,
and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to
communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new
paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and
enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to
empower more Nigerians.
Airtel Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Channel Accounting
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring
accuracy in the accounting and reporting of the channel partner and shop
balances, the revenues from the sale of inventory items and the
inventory position and also responsible for establishing controls to
ensure the safe guarding of company assets as it relates to inventory
and channel partners [CP].
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness in the month end reporting;
review of provisions, accruals and journals with regards to
CPs/inventory and efficiency/timeliness in the presentation of reports.
- Channel partner receivable management;
- Ensuring no increment in debt by proper verification of credit limit assessment for CP
- Adequate communication to stakeholders and CP on overdue/outstanding balances
- Maintenance of CP profile on order management system (i.e.
update with approved credit limit, creation of new CP, proper
classification of CP etc.)
- Ensuring BGs are called in before expiration and timely transfer of debts to Legal.
- Monitoring credit schemes introduced by stakeholders.
- Monitoring of inventory position;
- This include establishing controls to safe guard Company assets,
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders on issues relating to inventory
- Management of inventory profile on system – update change in prices, new products, stock adjustments etc.
- Communication of guideline and procedures for treatment of
stock (e.g. write-off, deactivation of RCV, approval of credit notes
- Ensuring monthly stock count are conducted at all locations and the subsequent reconciliation of variances
- Reconciliation of ERP and the sales order process system:
- CP and shop balances
- Accuracy in the posting of Inventory Sales made on Sales Order Process System interfaced to ERP
- Review of CP incentives/ discounts computed by Commercial and ensuring accuracy in posting.
- Review of Monthly collation and reconciliation of RCV Serials to
inventory position, to be communicated to Revenue Accounting and
Relevant Skill and Experience
- A recognized university degree
- Professional Accounting qualification; ACCA/ACA
- 6-7 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & Telecomms
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th September, 2016.