IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain –
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire,
Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and
Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in
IHS Towers is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SOX Manager
Reports To: Group Director, Audit & Risk
- The SOX Manager is responsible for facilitating IHS’ review of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- This role will include maintaining and developing the IHS
evaluation framework and associated guidelines; monitoring scope and
materiality of the program; managing testing programs and meeting the
agreed timetable for reporting.
- The role may also be assigned to perform other operational
duties across various functional areas. The incumbent must be able to
manage challenges arising from prioritizing planned reviews and other
- Proactive follow up of remediation and retesting is essential.
- Lead the evaluation of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Conduct evaluation and testing of internal controls over financial reporting
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships
- Monitor changes to company policies/procedures and
accounting/financial reporting standards and partner with audit clients
to assess business impact
- Support the internal audit management by providing inputs into annual risk-based audit plan
- Update and maintain actions database and liaise with process owners on status of remediation of agreed management actions.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the Director of
Audit and Risk and the Head, Internal Audit on the development of the
- Document work done in work papers and ensure they fully support
conclusions reached in accordance with the review framework and
- Proactively monitor remediation of control weaknesses identified and ensure retesting in advance of final conclusions.
- Perform complex, non-standard, ad-hoc requests as may be assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (or related) in Accounting, Finance, Economics and related discipline.
- ACA, CIA, CISA, CFA or related professional qualifications
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction
and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors and understanding of the IIA internal auditing standards is desired.
- Understanding of process improvement techniques and review of Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in internal auditing, external
auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organization with
at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Significant SOX experience is desired.
- Knowledge of COSO internal control framework and ITGC is required.
- Knowledge of COBIT is desired
- Prior Telecommunications or Telecoms Infrastructure exposure is an added advantage.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and framework and
experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the
evaluation of various business processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.