Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across
the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of
tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing
population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa
is one of the greatest
untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them
to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the
world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence,
entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of
the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Job Title: Software Team Lead
As Software Team Lead, you will be responsible for helping Andela’s
Software Engineers successfully engage remote clients. Distributed work
environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical
proximity still brings unique operational challenges. As our engineers
partner with teams spread around the world, across industries and across
technology stacks, your role will be to help make the client and the
remote team feel much closer.
No two days will ever be alike and variety will be the only constant.
In the morning, you might find yourself helping engineers better
understand the business value of their California team’s user stories;
in the afternoon, you might virtually travel across the Atlantic in
order to support another team of engineers as they strategically plan a
data migration for their team in London.
With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and
agile project management, you will help make the distance between our
engineers and their teams—thousands of kilometers in most cases—feel
like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Software Team Lead position include:
with the client to understand a client’s business as well as their
goals and visions for products being supported by Andela
with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller,
specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them
understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
code reviews to ensure that the work being submitted to the client
follows the client’s coding standards as well as meets the letter and
spirit of the assigned task
- Assist our engineers in effectively communicating with their teams
work to ensure that our engineers are always working on high priority
tasks that will bring the most value to their team.
that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value
of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply