Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and
currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of
products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink
brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand
globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant
player in the national economy.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Divisional Sales Manager
Location: North- based in Abuja, East- based in Owerri
Type of Job: Employee
- Guinness Nigeria PLC (GN PLC) is a major market for Diageo: GN
PLC operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry and we are
the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s
an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
- The Diageo Sales vision is to become the best performing most
trusted and respected Consumer Packaged Goods in the world and in every
market we operate.
- Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’, winning big
and beating the competition. This along with putting the consumer at
the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for
our brands, categories, customers and partners.
- Division geographically based with total GN Sales force of 30 –
80 employees and between 5 – 8 direct reports who are predominantly Area
Managers, in each division. Has oversight responsibility over all other
roles sitting in the division.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for overall management and delivery of business goals within the division.
- The Divisional Sales Manager provides leadership expertise to
the team, ensures efficient and focused sales strategies are in place to
achieve the business strategy, growth and profit objectives.
- Prioritizing capability development for direct team members
- Route mapping to distributors, manning and coverage plan for the division
- Divisional tactical initiatives
- Divisional operational meetings
- Division’s expenses management (P&L ownership)
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Division.
Based on sales performance, revise strategies accordingly to win in the
market, Responsible for business growth and capability development of
key partners within the division.
- Ensures our trade spend is deployed to gain full return on our
investment. Achieve sales of the right mix in SKU’s to produce a
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation
of Guinness Nigeria via adherence to corporate governance procedures.
- Ensures outlet execution standards are achieved for the Division
and champion the usage of Sales Force Automation (SFA) by all in the
- Coach and train team members 8 times a month in line with
monthly activities checklist. Identifies training needs of direct
reports and works with Capability team to build team’s capability and
ensure a talent pipeline.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with 10-12 years minimum commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Sales Management
- Previous experience of leading / managing others, delivering results through teams and strong track record as a coach
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable. Strong
project and change management skills, commercial and financial
capability are important
- Previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and/or other functions is particularly valuable.
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales
- Particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles
- Strong leadership and communication skills –written and verbal
Policies highly relevant to Commercial Function:
- Diageo Marketing Code, Quality Policy, Competition and
Anti-trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption
Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security
Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, Brand Assurance Policy, IMS Policy,
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!