Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and
currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of
products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink
brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand
globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant
player in the national economy.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Consumer Planner, Spirits & RTD
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Consumer Connections Manager
Guinness Nigeria is a focused business unit that delivers significant
volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). Consumer planning has a
critical role and responsibility of leading the business to make the
right strategic and commercially savvy evidence- based decisions, within
the ever-changing context of our consumers and customers lives. Over
the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been
transformed within the Diageo business.
This has seen the team move away
from research orientation and towards planning, focused on:
- Using research to drive growth
- Focused on consumer understanding and insights that is actionable & drives growth
- Focused on implications not information
- Simplifying & providing clear direction
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Consumer Planning and Research Budget.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive insights that will unlock
growth, drive profitability and to deliver market share for Guinness
Nigeria Spirits & Ready-To-Drink (RTD) Brands.
Purpose of Role
- To champion & drive world class understanding of consumer
attitudes, motivations and trends that can be leveraged to grow our
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Proactively defines & communicates opportunities for growth
for the market, categories and brands and articulates what it will take
to realize these opportunities
- Externally attentive -to culture, trends and market place
dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and
interpreted within the framework of brand related issues (Brand Tracking
- Lead regular brand activity reviews (QBRs), keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking (DWBB/NGM)
- Ensures learning from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our A&P spend
- Ruthlessly prioritizes and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and
communication through facilitating a deep understanding of the
- Seeks out deep consumer / shopper / category insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, actionable implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources
-quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a meaningful,
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related
discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-5
years) within an FMCG organization with a planning, brand & consumer
focus, or a research agency background
Policies highly relevant to the Marketing Function:
- Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition &
Anti – Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption
Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security
Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination &
Human Rights Policy.
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!