The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in
the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole
franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and
distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to
marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Tax Manager
Job Reference: ATM/11/2016
Functional areas: Finance
- The Assistant tax Manager reports to the Tax and Finance Process Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Month end closing tasks planning and follow-up
- Puts Controls in place to detect potential Internal Control,
audit and financial accounting issues; timely review of group internal
policies changes and internal controls relating to tax; Commits and
complies with the Company policies, procedures, processes and
- Preparation and reconciliation of the Technical Service Fee Schedule to be sent to CCH.
- Provide support to BSO on all tax related BS accounts for the purpose of reconciliation and review.
- Ensures healthy and safety conditions for the work of
herself/himself and colleagues, incl. full and transparent reporting of
labour accidents and near misses.
- Actively supports and participates in company’s initiatives in
the area of environment protection, resources saving, community projects
and charity initiatives.
- Support Transfer Pricing consultants (KPMG) in gathering information and documentation of Annual Transfer Pricing Returns.
- Preparation and periodic update of the company’s Tax Exposure
Tracking Report and distribution to the Tax and Finance Process Manager,
CFO, MD and Group Tax Manager.
- Preparation of Remittance Schedules for all taxes and
collaborating with Treasury to ensure that payment is done within the
stipulated time in the law.
- Provide assistance where necessary for all stakeholders in Tax
accounting area especially advising/coaching all stakeholders of impact
of their action or inaction on tax.
- Challenge current processes/practices and identify improvements where applicable.
- Provide support service to internal customers to resolve tax
issues while maintaining a good contact with the various tax
- Review current processes of preparing the TIP/CIT with a view to improve on the processing time.
- Create work models in order to save time and ensure accuracy.
- Respects the Customers’ policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Timely submission of annual tax returns for employee and obtaining annual tax clearance Certificate for the Company.
- Quarterly preparation of CIT and TIP and monthly review of
company’s corporate tax (VAT, Withholding tax, PAYE and all local
specific Nigerian taxes).
- Preparation of reports and schedules for Tax Audit for State
Boards and FIRS. Prompt response to audit queries for a quick
Desired Candidate Profile
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
- Minimum of 4 years experience 2-3 years of experience in
accounting and finance. Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS. Strong
working experience in local taxation.
- Planning, organizing & time management skills
- Ability to think logically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including change management
- Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences Technical Knowledge IFRS/IAS relevant knowledge Tax relevant knowledge
- Data analysis/ analytical skills
- Knowledge and interpretation of policies, processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to think logically
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 16th November, 2016.