The Imo State University Council, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Owerri, Imo
The candidate for this position shall be responsible to the
Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University
Library and the coordination of the Library services of the University
and its campuses, faculties, Departments, institutes, outreach centers
and other teaching or research units.
Qualifications and Experience
- The University Librarian must possess a Ph.D. in the relevant
field, plus a minimum of Fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate
experience in a University or similar institution of higher learning.
- A good record of scholarly publications in reputable journals, both local and international, is essential.
- The candidate must be Computer Literate.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of Five years, in the
first instance, and on such other terms and conditions as may be
specified in the letter of appointment.
- The basic salary attached to the post of University Librarian is CONUASS 7.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable
to similar positions in Nigerian State Universities and as may be
determined from time to time by the University Council.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward Ten (10) copies of their
publications, relevant credentials and Curriculum Vitae stating the
- Names (Surname First)
- Date of Birth (indicating day, month and year)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational and Professional Qualifications
- List of Publications
- Work Experience
- Present Employment, Status, Post and Salary (both level and amount)
- Name and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidates should request to submit confidential reports on them.
All applications should reach the Acting Vice-Chancellor addressed to:
Imo State University,
- Applicants must be registered members of the Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Candidates should request their referees to forward references
on them directly to the Acting Vice-Chancellor in the same manner.
Application Deadline 11th January, 2016.