Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict
and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most
marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and
well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect
networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources,
she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly
429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We
directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools,
and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to
stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- To work as part of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
unit in the country office, assist in the collection of data and
information from the program participants at designated periods
throughout the program cycle, according to established M&E
guidelines and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in community assessment, pre-selection of new participants and collection and recording of information as required.
- Assist in the enrollment of women into the program and submit a
report of specific observations about the process, highlighting any
errors to be corrected in subsequent enrollments.
- Participate in any special monitoring visits, evaluations or impact studies as required.
- Complete End line forms for all participants as they are
finishing their program cycle and submit a report on each of the
evaluated groups of women.
- Complete Graduate Follow-Up Forms for a select sample of women one and two years after their graduation from the program.
- Work closely with the Social Empowerment team and the Economic
Empowerment team to capture all relevant data and information from
program participants throughout the program cycle.
- Assist the M&E Manager in training other members of staff or
contractors to carry out data collection tasks and completion of
M&E forms as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all forms and other information required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems online or hard copy; if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete the Baseline Forms for selected sample of new participants.
- Participate in Focus Group discussions with participants for
mid-term training assessment, and submit a report with findings, as well
as any pertinent observations about the focus group process.
- Work with women to collect other data and information as needed, for example, case studies, and ad-hoc information requests.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably in data collection.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Programs; database skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa language skills required (reading, writing and speaking);
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria or third country national with valid work permit.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in the field.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and cover letter and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please specify “Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 26th February, 2017.