Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building
Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that
specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project
Management Works. In Efficacy Construction Company, we work together to
create a brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
- In Efficacy Construction Company, we work together to create a
brand. The Corporate Affairs/HR Manager contributes to this by
orchestrating and communicating the external persona and reputation of
Efficacy Construction Company to all key stakeholder groups including,
but not limited to, colleagues, government, community, NGOs, visitors,
investors, media, regulators, trade, general public, etc. The Corporate
Affairs Manager will help in growing our business performance by
developing and/or implementing initiatives to enhance the company’s
reputation and nurture trust with colleagues and stakeholder
- Your role includes recruitment, organizing the weekly/quarterly
training programs, career development, compensation and benefits,
employee relations, industrial relations, employment law, compliance,
disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies etc. Keeping up to date
with areas such as employment law, which change often. Maintains and
enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing,
and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies,
programs, and practices.
- Serve as public spokesperson, supervise media interviews and
prepares all contracts for Efficacy Construction in all relevant issues
both inside and outside Nigeria ensuring that the company’s position is
clear to all and media mileage is optimized.
Corporate & Social Responsibility:
- legislative and cultural environment that the company operates
in and supports the attainment of Efficacy Construction’s position on
growing community value, sustainability and quality in line with the
company’s values, principles and objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend position statements and execute
strategies that ensure & guide relationships with key stakeholder
groups e.g. trade associations, regulators, government, policy makers,
NGOs, etc to ensure benefits to Efficacy Construction and affirm its
standing as a good corporate citizen in Nigeria.
Communications & Media Relations:
- Develop, set direction and lead the company’s communications
process and media relations strategy to create 24/7, 365-days-a-year
media and crisis response strategy to handle issues arising from our
- You have to communicate up to management, over to managers, out
to potential employees, and down to all levels of current employees.
- And you have to do it in writing, while speaking to large and
small groups and, increasingly, through social media. You have to be
convincing, caring, and believable.
- Track and manage the references to Efficacy Construction (and
her projects) in all media channels to ensure consistency and veracity
in all communications and image positioning campaigns for the company.
Research & Knowledge Documentation:
- Create and establish effective platforms for environment
scanning and knowledge dissemination on recent and business-critical
- Regularly provide advice at management level on issues that
could impact upon the company’s reputation and performance, both in
Nigeria and Internationally.
- Lead the execution teams or partner with other relevant teams to
ensure successful organization of diverse company events e.g. Annual
General Meetings, Staff Appreciation events, Special Guest-specific
- External Relations & Consumer Relations:
- Manage the consumer and public feedback mechanism of Efficacy
Construction Company to ensure that incidences, product experiences or
negative occurrences do not translate to unmanageable crises to the
image and reputation of the company or its products.
- Advocating for employees’ concerns, yet able to also enforce top management’s policies.
- There are times you must make decisions to protect the
individual and other times when you protect the organization, its
culture, and values.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling
questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve
Other Duties include:
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select
applicants. Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of
subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labour
relations, and employee relations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning
personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals,
and absenteeism rates. Analyse statistical data and reports to
identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop
recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labour
contracts. Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs,
Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective
bargaining contracts to assess industry trends. Preparing and managing
all project and employment contracts.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about
policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for
promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with
understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering
disciplinary procedures. Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal
employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed
- Analyse and modify compensation and benefits policies to
establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive
attitude toward organizational objectives. Analyse training needs to
design employee development and health and safety programs. Plan,
organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or
labour relations activities of an organization.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- BBL/BA/B.Sc with a minimum of 5 years of cognate experience;
post-graduate degree and professional certification is an added
- Good project management, planning, organization and high attention to detail
- An interest in the broader CSR arena, consumerism as well as brand building.
- Passion for face-to-face communication, high listening skills and a demonstrable track record for connecting with people.
- Sound leadership capabilities, inter-personal skills, Integrity and approachability, business awareness and commercial focus
- Multitasking, Negotiation, Discrete and Ethical, Conflict Management and Problem Solving and Change Management skills.
- Technical competence
- Minimum of 5 years post-Degree experience (HR, ILR, Business,
Economics, Law, Management, Psychology, Public administration, Social
studies) with wide spectrum of excellent communication skills (written
and oral, formal and informal, verbal and non-verbal).
- Professional membership is an added advantage; CIPM, SPHR, PHRi,
- Strong team ethic and proven team leadership, coaching and influencing and negotiation skills
- Good sense of judgment, result-oriented, self-motivated with evident analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Able to collaborate with people in a multinational environment across diverse functions, levels and tribes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org