Nextier Security, Peace and Development
(NextierSPD), a subsidiary of Nextier Capital Limited, is focused on
providing conflict mitigation and resolution strategies, sustainable
security stabilisation, community-based peace building initiatives,
development project design, and development planning
in-depth research, policy analysis, dialogue processes and a wide range
of advisory services, NextierSPD seeks to solve the complex challenges
arising from conflict in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Assistant
- The Communications Assistant will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day project, clerical and administrative tasks.
- Additional responsibilities will include planning meetings,
scheduling appointments, reviewing documents, preparing agendas, taking
meeting meetings, conduct research and provide project management
- The Communications Assistant will be required to create
databases and spreadsheets as well as help prepare reports and
- They will be expected to help produce high-quality
communications materials, help organize press events, contribute to
online communications, development of presentations and documents, media
monitoring and a variety of communications management tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications plans and public sensitization campaigns
- Track press coverage for priority issues
- Track clips and interviews to help gauge success of press events and initiatives
- Provide general support and coordination including managing deliverables, the media calendars, etc.
- Aid in production of publications, presentations and reports
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned.
- Assist in planning and organizing high quality/high profile press and Federal Government related events
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, e-newsletters,
infographics, social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and other
- Work with programme members to provide communications support
Skills and Qualifications
- The job requires a highly efficient professional with excellent
business writing and editing skills who is comfortable working in a
deadline-driven environment as well as high proficiency in Microsoft
Office. The Communications Assistant should be very organized,
detail-oriented, motivated and proactive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations and/or Communication Studies.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong business writing and editing skills
- Candidates must be a versatile team player with the ability to
work under pressure and be creative. The position requires a dependable
self-starter and ability to multi-task. It is critical that the
candidate imbibes high standards in work quality.
- Strong skills in developing Power Point presentations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes, cover
letters and a 500 word short writing sample on the topic “Why is
Strategic Communications Important for Government Programme
Implementation” to: [email protected] with “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.