Job Title: Business Development Officer (Oil and Gas Upstream)
- The Business Development Officers that would drive new business
opportunities by developing and leveraging both new and existing
- The position is responsible for driving sales and marketing
initiatives, vendor selection and management for: the organization and
ensuring the achievement of targets and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement strategies for generating and qualifying leads for new business by developing new and existing accounts.
- Interfaces with client to identify opportunities and communicates same to the Business Development Officers
- Supervises direct reports and ensures optimal performance for subordinates through coaching
- Develop detailed market analysis for growing market space and develop strategies to penetrate a defined target market.
- Prepare the budget and revenue target for department
- Ensures implementation of budget for department and driving sales and marketing initiatives to achieve target
- Develop and maintain an understanding of current and prospective customers to maximize market share.
- Identifies key resources required to implement strategy and achieve sales target.
- Identify, develop and manage new client relationships.
- Work with the procurement and logistics team in coordinating service delivery
- Identify and pre-qualify business opportunities and make
recommendations to the organization assuring participation in the
- Work in synergy with the Finance department in the preparation and submission of bids
- Identify and develop relationships with key decision-makers to uncover new business opportunities
- Commercial end-to-end responsibility for negotiating and
agreeing the best possible pricing and terms with the vendors confirmed
by contracts within the company’s directives, rules and guidelines
- Contribute in the design, development, and implementation of
procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution directives and
achieve the most effective process for the company
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the
organizations core competencies and operational capabilities to provide
solutions for customers resulting in profitable growth.
- Actively participate in the bid and proposal submission process covering the commercial, financial and tax aspect of the bid.
- Sell company brand recommending value added solutions and develop a winning strategy i.e partnerships, subcontracts etc
- Source and secure partnership deals with OEMs & accredited
distributors that can provide the required services for the upstream
division of the organization.
- Conduct a comprehensive follow-up of the proposals until awarded.
- Display clear leadership qualities at all times and work without boundaries throughout the organization
- Direct coaching on specific aspects of the business to improve
their productivity and ensure knowledge transfer towards subordinates.
- Carryout performance evaluation on subordinates and document feedback.
- Improve and maintain knowledge in relevant field.
- 2-5 years experience.
- A graduate of any discipline
- Proven track record of delivering and exceeding target
- Strong relationships with both indigenous and International Oil Companies.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both written and spoken communication.
- Proven working experience or strong understanding of Business Development in the Oil and Gas industry is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com indicating the subject of the mail as BDO.
Application Deadline: 28th May, 2017.