Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Study Coordinator Research (Nurses Only)
Reports to: Associate Investigator Project: JWARG
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- He/she will work under the Associate Investigator at the site to coordinate study activities. Work with the AI to manage the day to day activities of the study including problem solving, communication and protocol management.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Explain the purpose and nature of the study to new participants joining the study
- Answer participants’ questions and concerns
- Oversee and coordinate recruitment, care and treatment of participants and liaise with other internal departments and external collaborators.
- Oversee study- related activities such as chart preparation, protocol trainings. SOP development, preparation of relevant study forms and labels.
- Audit clinical study records; compare case report forms with source documents; review other relevant study files.
- Enter data for specific visit on CRF; audit records for accuracy, and ensure completed CRFs in a timely manner.
- Resolve data and record discrepancies identified during the in- house reviews.
- Schedule monitoring visits as necessary. Coordinate staff in preparation for monitoring visits.
- Perform periodic review of the regulatory binder to ensure completeness.
- Supervision of personnel to include, training, work allocation and problem resolution as may be applicable.
- He/ she will enrol and consent study participants.
- Collect participants’ samples, including but not limited to phlebotomy. Work with the lab to ensure collection is done according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide safety and protection to all participants while collecting and managing data obtained from the participant for the study.
- Ensure participant safety by providing information regarding adverse events and any pertinent information to participants and investigators in a prompt manner.
- Serve as an advocate for the research participants.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- Registered Nurse or B.Sc in Nursing. Must have successfully completed the CITI Group 3 Modules with at least 80% score in each module. Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- Five years of clinical nursing experience, with at least two years’ experience in clinical research including informed consent procedures and phlebotomy.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Must have a current nursing practicing license.
Knowledge and skills:
- Compliance with all federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations related to research involving human participants and human participant derived information and materials.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and assist with situations that may require discretion
- Ability to use computer and office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, MS-Access and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong management capacity to work independently and effectively prioritize projects and tasks
- Candidates who do not have nursing background should not apply for this position. Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and CV to “the Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: email@example.com specifying the Job Title on the Subject of the mail.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in PDF format, Resume and CV together in word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline 7th July, 2017.