The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer, Talent Groups, P-1 and P-2 levels
Job Number: 506608
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff, Temporary Appointment
- UNICEF is seeking talented professionals in Human Resources at the P-1 and P-2 levels. This is a Generic Vacancy Announcement (GVA) for the Talent Groups for Human Resources Officers at the P-1 and P-2 levels.
- Talent Groups at UNICEF are exclusive lists of pre-vetted, highly qualified professionals intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available globally.
- After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates assessed as ready for these levels will be placed in the P-1 or P-2 Human Resources Talent Group.
- While placement in the Talent Group does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling P-1 and P-2 level vacancies globally for roles of Human Resources Officer.
- Candidates placed into the Talent Group will be reviewed when a relevant position opens and if found suitable, will be offered placement through a direct selection process. Contracts may be Fixed Term (FT) or Temporary Appointment (TA).
How Can You Make a Difference?
The P-1 Human Resources (HR) Officer position is at entry professional level and reports to the HR Manager/Specialist for close guidance, training and supervision. The Officer provides support to the supervisor and colleagues in the unit by executing HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
The P-2 Human Resources (HR) Officer supports the HR Manager/Specialist in providing research, analysis and recommendations on a broad range of HR functions, or in some cases one specific function. These positions contribute substantively to organization-wide HR strategies and supports the supervisor and colleagues in the unit by executing HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
This will involve:
- Supporting HR managers in working with clients in helping fulfilling their goals through advising on how to attract, retain and motivate staff of the highest caliber
- Keeping abreast, researching, benchmarking and implementing best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contributing to the development of global policies, procedures and introducing innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned
- Providing support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber
- Providing support to the design and delivery of learning plans for staff
- Collecting, interpreting and analyzing HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies
- Building and sustaining effective collaborative working relationships through active sharing of information and knowledge to build the capacity of stakeholders and promoting their understanding of HR issues
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have:
- For P-1 level, one year of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation
- For P-2 level, two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation
- A University Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, International Relations, Psychology or other related Social Science field
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in human resources management
- Ability to research, analyse, evaluate, and synthesize information
- Very good ability to articulate clear and concise ideas and concepts in written and oral form
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with good negotiation skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Review of applications submitted by the deadline will be done on a rolling basis throughout 2017, depending on the needs of the Organization. Internal candidates at the level (P-1 or P-2) can apply to this GVA.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2017.