The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Ref. No: 3545573498
- Do you want to be a part of our Nigeria programme? We are looking for a new Finance Manager in our Maiduguri office.
- NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and auditor requirements;
- Responsible for the development of the Master Support Budget and cost share allocations across donors;
- Training, development and internal “audits” of financial teams in all offices
- Implement and be the focal point of new financial tools in the country office
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures, follow recommendations on Audit, Controller and Compliance reports
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile, act as a Team player
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria is desirable
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
- Good sense of humour an asset.
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: September 2017
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2017.