PerkinElmer – Laboratory of Medicine for Africa is a subsidiary of the First Foundation group, a privately owned healthcare development company, located in Lagos, Nigeria with over thirty years in the business. Laboratory of Medicine for Africa is at the verge of commencing a maternal & Child health Screening programmes to cover the whole of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist – Maternal & Child Health Screening Laboratory
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Laboratory Scientist serves as an entry level professional, performing a broad range of complex assignments in the Maternal & Child Health Screening Laboratory.
- The position is located in Lagos, Nigeria. Laboratory of Medicine for Africa offers benefits including a competitive base salary, an accommodation, official car and a driver as well as 30 days annual leave.
- Tests dried blood spot specimens from new-borns for evidence of inborn errors of metabolism, selected hemoglobinopathies and pregnant mothers for Non-invasive prenatal testing
- Adhering to a rigorous Quality Assurance program is a necessity to guarantee accurate and precise clinical results.
- Build and train local capacity to carry out similar tests in the laboratory as well other location(s)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- In conjunction with the supervisor assist in building local capacity to run such test in the laboratory
- A University Degree/equivalent in Medical Technology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology or similar field
- Experience equivalent to 4 years of full time clinical laboratory work which must include the use of PerkinElmer instrumentation for maternal and child health screening
- English Language – both for writing and oral communication
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Abdullahi Lawal, Sales Support Coordinator at PerkinElmer, email@example.com or by phone +358503246401 on December 11th – 20th 2017 at 13:00 – 15:00 and January 8th – 22nd 2018 at 14:00 – 15:00
Application Deadline 28th February, 2018.