Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Coordinator Assistant
Location: Maiduguri with some travel to Abuja
Line Manager: General Coordinator
Length of contract: 6 months Possibility for extension: Yes
Starting date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator, and in technical link with all departments coordinators, the General Coordinator Assistant will be responsible for the following Activities:
- Internal and external coordination
- Liaison with authorities on MDM presence in Nigeria
Internal and external coordination:
- Participate to weekly coordination meeting and prepare the minutes to be shared to coordination team and Desk.Compile the sitrep parts from all departments and finalize it with GenCo.
- File and archive documents related to the GC’s responsibilities
- In case of visibility activities (with prior validation of HQ) and on request of GenCo, take the lead in the organization and implementation of such action (pictures, collection of testimonies…) in close collaboration with med and log teams.
- Prepare MDM program reports to be shared externally when needed (ex: authorities such as Minister of Plan…)
- On request of the GenCo, attend non programmatic coordination meetings (ex: INSO, OCHA…)
- Monitor regularly the situation in Borno State and in case of substantial changes, population movement or degradation of the situation reports immediately to the GenCo.
Liaison with authorities on MDM presence in Nigeria:
- Make sure that MDM comply with all government rules linked to INGO, with the support of our lawyer if needed.
- Inform the GenCo of all changes related to the legal framework of INGO working in Nigeria.
- Initiate on time all MDM registration renewal and make sure that needed documents are shared on time (in close collaboration with HQ secretary) to Ministry of Plan.
- Actively liaise with the INGO forum about all administrative impediments faced by INGO.
- Monitor closely the security context (Borno state but also the Lac basin region), alert the Genco / Logco of any changes that could impact MDM activities, and produce monthly analysis (short report).
- Brief staff (including expatriate) or any new external visitor about the national & local context, cultural and social customs.
- Helps to organize and participate to assessments or exploratory missions and evaluations with ad hoc coordination members.
- On request of the GenCo, support and monitor the good implementation of the security pack in all operational sites, highlight any breach and organize training of the te