Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (MEALSA)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Internal Job Grade: D1- national
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Programme Quality and Development Manager
- To ensure the implementation of a complete and coordinated MEALSA of the Oxfam response programme.
- The position holder will support the program teams and partners in Nigeria to define and implement a coordinated mechanism, based on the proposed Minimum MEALSA standards.
- S/he will facilitate capacity building process of partners and Oxfam staff on knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective MEALSA through training and coaching.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
MEALSA Systems Management & Program Support:
- Supports to develop and strengthen the participatory MEALSA system within the Programme and ensure that the defined system incorporate the MEALSA principles and both international and Oxfam programme standards.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of application of these instruments thereby ensuring donor compliance; supports external evaluations when required.
- Provides technical and specialist advice (on request and proactively) to the program team
- Supports in timely implementation of monitoring framework and tools, to ensure quality and consistent information is available on programme performance and impact.
- Manages specific MEALSA processes, methodologies and tools (including indicator tracking through specific management information systems) and reporting.
- Supports with the review of MEALSA data quality, MEALSA reports, evaluations, baselines, surveys and leads improvement of MEALSA data quality and reporting from the field
- Participates in programme/project planning processes, particularly on logic of intervention (Develop logical frameworks and MEALSA plans), and contributes to ensuring adherence to Oxfam’s programme quality standards.
Capacity Building for Partner and Oxfam Staff:
- Supports programme teams in establishing knowledge creation and sharing and learning loops, through for instance production of case studies, presentation of key results for monitoring and evaluation activities, and facilitation of learning and capitalization workshops
- Contribute to enhancing the knowledge and skills of Staff and partners on planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning, as well as creating support for (the use of) these instruments and tools
- Facilitate key MEALSA learning events and processes; take initiatives to enable and ensure a strong on-going learning network across programs
- Maintains effective partner grants and reports monitoring system, ensures adherence to Oxfam policies and procedures on partner management.
- Participates in regular meetings with partner organisations to fully understands the context and operating environment; ensures that the working relationship between them and Oxfam is positive, open and conducive to the successful achievement of agreed objectives
Educational, Experience & Competence
- First degree or equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration Research Methodology, Social Sciences, or other relevant qualification. Relevant work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 4 years “hands-on” working experience in designing learning, and monitoring systems; program work, including field experience and/or with institutional donors.
- Proven experience working with partner organisations and helping them develop their independent expertise and ability to deliver results, through effective capacity building and learning and development activities.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Statistical analysis software etc.)
- Tech savvy with a strong level of IT Expertise and use of mobile survey/field data collection tools (odk, KoBoToolbox, TaroWorks, GIS mapping, etc)
- Excellent in various statistical packages and softwares including SPSS, Stata, Excel, Access, and CSPRO etc
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Good knowledge and experience of learning, and capacity development/transfer in relation to managing donor grants or donor funded programmes.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- Good organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Proven awareness of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning.
- Ability to represent Oxfam in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations.
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
- Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one word or pdf attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.