IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Specialist
Reports To: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Functional Excellence
- The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for complex contract drafting, compliance, risk management, audit, policy, negotiation support and supplier qualification oversight activities.
- Work closely with other functions in an integrated team environment to develop procurement contract structures for a variety of complex goods and services.
- Provides expert support to assessments and the development of recovery plans, corrective and preventative actions related to subcontract claims and disputes.
- Supports the development of company or business unit procurement strategies. Provides oversight and guidance for category strategies.
- Assist project teams in their review of tender and bid documentation, and provide recommendations on contract terms and condition.
- Review bid clarifications/qualifications and related business opportunity documentation drafted by project teams
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and processes for the supply chain function.
- Provide contract risk and compliance oversight to the procurement department.
- Support leadership related to Supplier Management strategy and resolves issues. Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the procurement packages.
- Conducts oversight and management of procurement process, subcontract and supply chain audits as required.
- Provide support to complex subcontract negotiations and produce playbooks/training materials for procurement teams.
- Establishes operating plan for procurement risk and compliance assessment activities.
- Lead interface between procurement and legal department on subcontract strategies and subcontract risk management.
Education & Experience
- Law Degree or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience working with contracts and subcontracts.
- Experience of audit and the development of policies and procedures is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2018.