The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
- Participate in the nutritional case management of children suffering from acute malnutrition under supervision of the nutritional nurse and according to ALIMA nutritional and hygiene protocols in order to improve health conditions of the targeted population.
- Carry out basic health care (swabbing, applying local treatments, etc.) following the rules on hygiene and asepsis.
- Distribute meals according to medical prescriptions for each patient, ensuring that no other food is given in phase.
- Report on daily basis intakes of the patients under nutritional treatment.
- Stimulate mothers to breast-feed.
- Monitor and report weight and other vital indicators, if necessary, (temperature, heart and respiratory rates) of each patient.
- Report the nurse pathologic symptoms such as, apathetic, anorexia, not drinking, vomiting, fever, dehydration, diarrhea, etc.
- Apply the correct procedures in the event of a fever (damping down, providing liquids, etc.) or hypothermia (kangaroo method, survival blanket, etc.).
- Supervise drinking water availability in the ward, and ensure it is well identified.
- Supervise premises and materials remain clean.
- Provide hygienic training and sanitation education to children, mothers and the targeted population.
- Prepare ORS
- Inform caretakers on the functioning of the centre: lay out, daily activity plan (number and frequency of the meals, medical visit, weight measurement, etc.) and other general information.
- Literacy and sound knowledge on nutrition protocols.
- Not required.
- Essential, local languages and/or dialects; mission working language, a plus.
- Stress Management
- Results, commitment, flexibility, commitment, stress management, etc.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted in person to: ALIMA’ Office in Mongno or Baga.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 20th May, 2018.