Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Manager
Main Objective of the Position
- MSF OCBA left Nigeria on 2013, late 2014 and early 2015 came back to support MoH on fighting Ebola.
- In June 2015, OCBA conducted mission explo aiming to open project of Lassa fever in the middle belt and respond to emergencies in the country. From these explo, we currently have projects in Damaturu (Yobe State), Gwoza and Pulka (Borno State) in the north-eastern part of the country providing Primary health care and management of malnutrition in Damaturu hospital. We also have an emergency team abbreviated NIMERT dealing with only emergency response in Nigeria.
- In addition, we have an Office in Maiduguri set as a sub base for the easy coordination with other actors within Borno State and to accommodate expat staffs travelling in and out of the projects.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the WASH part of Nigerian Mobile Emergency Response Team (NIMERT). Proposes work plans and programs (water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control) and any other pertinent WASH related activity)
- Designs, implements and manages all Watsan interventions in the first steps/set up of the projects (including, but not limited to: water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control)
- Supports the mission projects ensuring compliance with MSF standards and protocols
- Ensures proper collection and monitoring of Watsan data. Ensures multidisciplinary data availability. Analyses data and reports regularly thef results (as requested by line management).
- Academic background in engineering or an equivalent relevant training.
- Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works.
- Minimum of 1-year of hands on field emergency WHS professional experience in a humanitarian or international development setting
- English essential, local language desirable
- Computer literacy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected] Let the subject of the mail be “WATSAN Manager”
In person to:
MSF Provisory Office,
In MSF Spain Office,
Old International School Line,
Application Deadline 11th June, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!