The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Ref ID: IDB2030
Business Unit: Finance Complex
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Financial Control Department
- Process, review, record, maintain, and reconcile financial transactions in the regional hub.
- Provide financial analysis and oversight over all financial transactions in the regional hub to ensure compliance with internal financial controls and Bank rules.
- Support detailed analysis, annual planning and periodic forecasting of the expenses, produce monthly financial reports relating to the regional hub, participate in developing, enhancing and implementing controls.
Financial Accounting & Reporting:
- Update and maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts to reflect the transactional activities of regional hub accounts, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control in accordance with Bank standards and local statutory requirements
- Registration and maintenance of regional hub’s fixed assets; evaluation of fixed assets and adjusting for depreciation as per fixed asset accounting policy
- Manage cash flow and petty cash in regional hub and ensure that all transactions are recorded clearly
- Perform financial analysis as requested for both internal and external use
- Examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Reconcile sub ledger reports on a monthly basis in addition to creating the final trial balance to ensure quality and efficiency in the deliverables
- Manage invoicing and the collection of receivables and payments
- Verify all vendor invoices and prepare for approval to ensure a smooth and efficient payment processing
- Ensure proper recording and accuracy of all transactions related to payroll at regional hub, ensuring compliance with payroll processes
- Review and validate payroll summary reports for regional hub through coordination with the relevant HR team
- Analyze financial or operating data to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Assess data for integrity and analytical purposes as and when required
- Assist in standard or ad hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives
Policies and Procedures:
- Contribute to formulation of policies and guidelines governing accounting practices at regional hub.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IDB Group policies and procedures, and legislative regulations applicable for the regional hub.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field is required
- Certification in CA, ACCA or CPA is preferred.
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
- Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 4-7 years experience in finance and accounting, multilateral institute experience is preferred
- ERP experience.
Job specific competencies:
- Building Relationships
- Stakeholder Management
- Bank Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Product Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Motivation to Learn and Share
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication Effectiveness
- Drive for Results
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication
- Problem Solving
- Travel as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th June, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!