G4S is the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 125 countries. In Nigeria, G4S provides secure transport, security technology, training and integrated security solutions to customers operating in the commercial, diplomatic, industrial, telecom and transportation sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: ESS Manager – Electronic Security System (ESS)
- The ESS Manager is for planning, scheduling and controlling all technology activities toward meeting the objectives of the organization and client needs.
- Applying technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project and operational requirements, while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
Develop, implement and manage the G4S Technology strategy/ policy/ procedures and projects:
- Participating in the management team, where relevant, according to responsibilities, and depending on the issues being discussed;
- Representing G4S Nigeria at external client meetings and events as decided by the management team in pursuit of G4S Nigeria objectives;
- Giving presentations on behalf of G4S Nigeria as delegated by the management team
- Assisting in maintaining a positive working relationship with the Technology team at region and group level
- Strategically determines current and future technology requirement to achieve corporate objectives and meet client needs
- Strategy/policy/procedures is benchmarked against best practices in industry
- Key projects are identified
- Technology budget is planned and submitted with strategy
- Strategy and budget is approved by executive management team
Manage outsource partners:
- Maintain support service agreements
- SLA exist with all Technology providers
- New upgrades/releases of applications process is functional
- Process to perform needs analysis (cost benefit analysis) for new requests exists
Manage development activities :
- Ensure that new development activities support Technology strategy
- Establish new support agreements for applications or security systems implemented
- Project management process to manage application system development/maintenance of projects
- Release management and change control processes exist and is functional
Manage operational facilities and activities:
- Reviewing the ISS and IS coordinators’ work, and providing feedback to the ISS and IS coordinators
- 5. Manage the budget / expenses for the Technology Division :
- Check, analyse and explain major variances to budget on a monthly basis
- Ensure that expense mandates follow audit procedures
- Prepare annual hardware/software/departmental (total Technology) budget
- Manage the provision of desktop and network support services
- Maintain and manage the implementation of IT /data security principles and guidelines
- A functional disaster recovery and business continuity plan exists
- A functional servic to provide company communication (telephone, fax and e-mail) exists
- Maintain and manage the working condition of alarms, fleet management, access control, CCTV and communication systems
- Ensuring the technical quality of the various project deliverables, while understanding the wider risks associated with the work, including the strategic aspects of it
- Managing a portfolio of projects (G4S’s due process project or proactive project) on the basis of initial and ongoing direction of and discussion with the Sales director
- Managing the work of technology team members involved in the project (including delegation and allocation of tasks to the technical team members involved)
- Presenting and submitting the various deliverables to the relevant director/client for review and approval
- Assuming a leading role in one of the support projects such as IT, Security Systems, professional development, knowledge management
Staff Management and development:
- All team members have clearly defined job profile aligned to manager profile
- Regular goal review completed to assess achievement of results
- Support, coaching and mentoring is continuously provided to ensure that objectives are met
- Completed development plans for each employee
- Employment equity plan targets measured
- Appropriate allocation of resources to meet operational demands
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in team are effectively communicated within team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession plan to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
- Possess a four-year Degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering or Electronic Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Must have relevant professional qualifications
- Possess minimum of 5 years work experience as an ESS Manager or in a similar role.
- Relevant experience in a management role, at least 4-5 years.
- Be experienced in Electronic safety and security systems design and project implementation.
- Possess experience in various types and sizes of projects including high rise commercial office and high end high rise residential, hospitality, transit facilities, financial, educational and health care facilities.
The Ideal Candidate Competencies:
- Knowledge of IT and security systems trends and best practices
- Knowledge of Service level agreements
- Knowledge of hardware and software requirements across an organisation
- Project Management
- Ability to implement and drive IT and Security Systems processes and governance
- Delivering strategy
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Customer thinking
- Working with complexity
- Awareness of the market environment
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a Covering Letter (not more than an A4 page) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018.
Note: G4S is a Top Employer and a great place to progress your career.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!