The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Communication for Development Consultant – (NOB)
Job Number: 515499
Contract duration: 11.5 months
Work Type: Consultancy
Major Tasks to be accomplished
- Support capacity development activities on C4D for Community-Oriented Resource Persons (CORPs), Voluntary Community Mobilizers (VCMs), Ward Development Committees (WDCs), Faith-based groups, women and youth groups for effective promotion of MNCH behaviours at community level
- Document processes, key outputs, constraints and lessons learnt in the various platforms of C4D programming
- Supervise community activities that promote health seeking behaviour among caregivers in Kebbi State, in line with the EU project, including social events, festivals and commemorative events
- Participate in and provide short Reports on the activities of the state Social Mobilisation Technical Committees (SOMTECs)
- Support extensive documentation of all activities under the EU Project, including development and publication of 8 Human Interest Stories per year and a Quarterly EU Programme Newsletter and frequent Social Media outputs
- Produce quarterly Newsletters to give visibility to the programme and donors
- Under the supervision of the Communication for Development Specialist (NOC) and coordination of the State EU Programme Coordinator, work with State EU project team to guide implementation and monitoring of C4D interventions, in line with the workplan and results framework
- Facilitate partnership at LGA and community levels (working with all institutions and structures) on effective implementation of the EU-MNCH programme
- Participate in, facilitate and provide reports on implementation of interpersonal communication, community dialogue sessions and engagement with various participant groups under the EU Project
- Lead processes of advocacy to key influential persons in Kebbi State (especially Traditional and Religious Leaders and Heads of Ward Development Committees) for support to EU-MNCH programme, especially promotion of MNCH behaviours
- Annual State work and operational plans
- Monthly progress reports, including outreach services data, etc.
- Reports of Workshop/Meetings with actionable recommendations
- Quarterly reports of milestones achieved to advance project implementation, in line with Results Framework
- Quarterly EU-MNCH Newsletters
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Humanities, Public Health or related technical field.
- Five years’ experience working on Programme Communication/Communication for Development
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to travel to remote regions of the country
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, an asset.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and very good training skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2018
- Applicants should quote an all inclusive fee.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.