Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a coordination office according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission.
Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper.
- Assist in packing and delivery process of goods from coordination location to the projects performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply Activity manager / Capital supply Log of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
- Education: Diploma in Purchasing and Supply related studies desirable
- Experience: Essential at least two years of working experience in Purchasing and supply chain related jobs.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience
- Languages: English language essential; any other local languages desirable
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word and excel
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Scan copies of certificate in a zip file with the title of the position as the subject of your mail to: [email protected]
Hard copies of your application can be submitted in an envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of Purchasing Officer) to:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue, Gwarinpa,
Or to Our project offices in Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue and Niger State.
Application Deadline 6th September, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!