The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SAP BASIS Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As our BASIS administrator, you will be working with business and IT partners to leverage SAP platform as strategic asset within Technology. You will be working with a team to bring broad experience in the Best practices for SAP platform. You will work with other basis members to define and refine in developing the road-map for the SAP platforms.
- Position will provide 24×7 support for the SAP technical infrastructure (BASIS), including but not limited to technologies such as ECC 6.0, BW4HANA, Solution Manager 7.01, Oracle 9i/10g, etc. The candidate will work on a small basis team and with developers and business analysts to implement new SAP functionality, apply SAP program fixes, develop and maintain interfaces, maintain SAP change control, monitor and tune hardware/platform/backend, and assist in SAP software upgrades and projects.
- Work with basis team members to administer the technical infrastructure and meet SLAs, project requirements/deadlines, and any other additional business needs.
- Provide first-level SAP Basis support to the SAP Functional Team, IT staff, and the end user community, including the handling of incident tickets, 24x7x365 emergency support, transport movements, and other day-to-day operational and project tasks for the SAP systems.
- Manage software logistics according to audit/governance protocol between Development, Quality Assurance, and Production to support successful application development and releases for the entire implementation lifecycle, using transports, client copies, and other SAP proprietary change technologies.
- Create, support, manage, and document installation, roll-out, and maintenance of the SAP front-end (SAPGui) and any other front-end relevant to SAP initiatives.
- Open support channels with external SAP personnel, communicate with internal help desk support personnel, partner with other IT resources, and work directly with the end user community to investigate, diagnose, and address SAP development and system issues. Document post-mortem analysis and implement changes to prevent similar user, application, or system issues.
- Apply application software corrections such as SAP support packages, kernel patches, front-end patches, one-off patches, and patch-sets to keep application software current with vendor maintenance schedules.
- Configure and maintain SAP communication interface and scheduling technologies, including SAP PI/PO, sapcon, EDI/XML interfaces, file upload/download functions, web interfaces, print/spool, background, BDC, and other CPIC/RFC communications.
- Provide SAP Basis support and technical expertise for the installation and/or enhancement of the SAP systems to meet expanding business requirements.
- Perform SAP system, database, operating system, and transaction monitoring/tuning to proactively meet corporate SLAs and to ensure optimal response times for the SAP user communities.
- Develop, maintain, and document SAP system operating procedures for any of the above functions and/or additional responsibilities.
- Provide knowledge-transfer and cross-training to teammates and other corporate staff. Research new procedures, best practices, methodologies, and technologies to make recommendations and grow in technical competence.
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years experience OR Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience (List specifics) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with broad and deep technical knowledge of technical SAP ecosystem design, implementation, and performance management while in ongoing operations across a global footprint.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of SAP Basis area; support, monitoring, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance.
- Extensive background in performance tuning and troubleshooting; utilizing SAP performance management tools.
- In-depth understanding of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) systems, concepts, and procedures
- Experience with Oracle, SQL and HANA databases.
- 3 years’ experience in a Lead role
- Minimum 3 full life-cycle Implementations in SAP technology
Job Title: SAP CoE Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Manage and lead SAP Center of Excellence team and lead and support SAP CoE projects and enhancements with integration from 3rd party systems and into SAP modules. SAP Modules that are included in scope of this role are SAP MM, SD, FI, CO, PP, HCM, among others:
- Manage a team of direct reports, both functional and technical, on day to day support of an application with a focus on project delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly gain subject matter knowledge in multiple (specific) applications or functional (expertise) areas in supporting technology in multiple areas, e2e and across functions.
- Manager/Team Lead representing one or more areas on a project, program or special initiative. Responsible for multiple key project segments as designated, but could include system configuration, process and code analysis, development, cutover planning, performance or UAT testing.
- Manage the mentorship and training of team members in maintenance and operational support activities.
- Leveraging product knowledge and experience, direct a wide range of resources as needed to identify or resolve complex multi system issues.
- Leverage team members to utilize knowledge of application architecture, industry trends or best practices to recommend process or technology changes for the applications in the group’s portfolio.
- Lead team members to research potential changes, analyze options and implement selected items. Audit results for efficiency, improved quality, or speed.
- Maintain and execute a roadmap for team development, including individual development, succession planning, and alignment of team structure to meet the requirements for the team.
- Communicate and coordinate communication of issue status for escalations, including senior leaders.
- Periodically review monitoring to identify improvements.
- Review team trends related to SLA compliance. For area of work, recommend corrective actions or CI initiatives as appropriate.
- Help coordinate and triage complex functional issues across multiple domains.
- Direct cross functional team members on overall handling of escalated issues, including triage of complex functional issues across a range of applications or systems.
- Ensure critical processes are identified, defined, documented, and proactively managed.
- Ensure identified impacts of planned application maintenance are appropriately communicated to all levels of the organization.
- Identify continuous learning opportunities for self and direct reports (i.e. Learning Manager, attend other meetings to gain insights)
- Prepare and participate in Talent Calibration and Succession planning
- Provide coaching & feedback
- Participate in informal mentorship if needed Develop team building activities
- Design and recommend training needs for department
- Participate and support Associate Opinion Survey initiatives
- Responsible for rewarding and recognizing direct reports
- Coordinate and/or assign responsibility to coordinate overall effort to translate business requests to functional requirements and high level design.
- Connect with manufacturing and foods industry standards, or similar best practices within SAP applications.
- Accountable for small to medium sized projects, and may lead complex functional solutions or solutions for multiple programs simultaneously.
- Oversee delivery of SAP COE work products supporting enhancement, project or program work when named an accountable manager.
- Lead team to identify timeline considerations including key assumptions and constraints in partnership with PM and other leads.
- Facilitate and/or assign responsibility to facilitate prioritization discussion as needed. Ensure all required adjustments are applied prior to finalizing initial schedule.
- Lead team to create supporting documents, provide development estimates, initial risk and mitigation recommendations. Lead team to recommend options with supporting material or data points including presentations
- Ensure planned application architecture is in alignment with Dangote SOP and enterprise architecture.
- Establish project communication to drive special initiatives or programs. Identify right teams, business groups, or external parties for inclusion. Establish meeting cadences as needed to support overall communication.
- Establish project administrative actives as needed to support projects, special initiatives or large programs, Work in partnership and monitor delivery by assigned resources, including Leads and PM
- Monitor or facilitate status communication and reporting for all initiatives in work area. Partner with PM or designated Leads. Drive awareness of status, opportunities, risks and issues of project with all parties, including Senior management.
- Ensure participation and engagement of all teams, functions, or external vendors needed to deliver initiatives. Evaluate for effectiveness and expand or contract groups included.
- Establish new vendor engagement guidelines, mature existing partnerships. Collaborate on process improvements to increase work quality, efficiency, or speed.
- Accountable for vendor estimation, work scheduling, delivery. In partnership with Procurement, take point on end to end vender engagement lifecycle, including RFI/RFP evaluations, contract development and review, termination of services.
- Help define process to manage complex test environments in partnership with TCOE, QA, Leads, and vendor contacts.
- 4 years Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years of SAP implementation experience, including 2 to 4 years of SAP project lead/management experience
- Strong understanding of manufacturing concepts and processes, with a focus on cement and consumer goods
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple system development projects in a multi-platform environment, utilizing both in-house resources and consultants
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Broad knowledge base in multiple applications or businesses
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply