IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Network Regulatory & Permits
Reports To: Legal Director
- To supervise the unit and ensure smooth regulatory operations.
- To manage all matters relating to environmental and regulatory permits for our sites – EIA, Environmental Audit Report, Environmental Regularization.
- Liaising with the Consultants; ensuring a timely conclusion of each and securing certification from relevant authorities.
- Influence policy formulation through submission of constructive legal opinions, position papers and active participation at regulatory forum and meetings in the telecommunication industry.
- Collaborate and facilitate cross-functional decision-making relating to regulatory activities among the units in the legal department.
- Interface with law enforcement agencies concerning issues of security and investigations.
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- Coordinate, manage, develop and motivate the team in regulatory and government affairs unit, setting & monitoring clear objectives in line with functional and business goals.
- Manages inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions in the Company.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits on the regulatory compliance of the Company’s activities.
- Ensure all legal objectives are met.
- Identify, manage and foster long term relationships with relevant regulatory agencies and bodies, Federal, state and local authorities such as NCC, NCAA, NOTAP etc.
- Manage, advise and proffer practical solution to the Company’s regulatory risks.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with appropriate licensing and permit obligations and directions through regulatory engagements.
- Keep abreast and analyse all local and international legislation, regulations, guidelines and regulatory developments in the telecommunication industry impacting on the business.
- Ensure and foster effective governmental, regulatory stakeholder management and engagement to protect and boost the Company’s interest.
- Build effective working relationships within the Company and between the Company and regulatory stakeholders to support commercial decision-making.
Requirements, Education & Experience
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory environment, policies and procedures.
- Strong governmental and regulatory relationship.
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred
- Graduate Law degree from preferred university.
- 14+ years of relevant experience in the telecommunication regulatory field.
- MBA / M.Sc. in any relevant discipline.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.
Application Deadline 10th August, 2018.