IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Reports To: Manager, Business Demand & Application
- Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of the company’s database management system (DBMS).
- Control DBMS access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for the DBMS.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers, and multi-media programmers.
- Communicate regularly with Technical, Applications, and Operations functions to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Establish user needs and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor DBMS performance and manage parameters to enhance responsiveness to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility of DBMS for end-users.
- Map out conceptual design for DBMS. Also install and test new versions.
- Refine logical design of the DBMS in order to translate to a specific data model. Also further refine physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act (UK).
- Prepare database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Knowledge Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Database & Storage Administration
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- At least 7-8 years’ demonstrable expertise in database, SQL, and application performance tuning.
- Able to work effectively with IT project and infrastructure teams.
- Experience in configuration, maintenance, and administration of Postgrad environment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject, the name and location of the role.
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2018.