IHS Towers is the largest independent tower operator in Europe, the Middle East and Africa by tower count and the third largest independent multinational tower company globally, with over 23,000 towers. Founded in 2001, IHS Towers provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Dispute Resolution
Reports To: Legal Director
- Ensure effective management of all litigation and dispute resolution issues which impact the business.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors, relevant functional areas, and affiliated entities to develop and implement strategies to protect IHS’s interests in internal and external disputes.
- Propose professional and strategic litigation and legal opinion management practices and procedures to the Legal Director to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action.
- Assist in the review of all IHS policies to ensure that conditions of service are in line with Nigerian laws, especially labour laws.
- Advise IHS on legal matters including any civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory or labour laws that may affect IHS’s activities or employees (officers and directors).
- Lead engagement of experienced and competent external solicitors to represent the company in disputes.
- Coordinate the Company’s representation in legal actions and ensure timely settlement of case .
- Monitor litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against IHS and manage the organization’s legal exposure, including acting as the company’s primary liaison where contact and coordination with external counsel is required.
- Ensure that IHS’ case and legal position in dispute resolution is adequately represented.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously review activities of the Dispute Resolution team, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved initiatives to enhance performance.
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws, regulations, and legislation that may affect IHS’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Legal Director.
Requirements, Education & Experience
- Graduate law degree from preferred university.
- 14+ years of relevant experience in the telecommunication regulatory field.
- MBA / M.Sc. in any relevant discipline.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Real Estate, Litigation and Landlord Relations.
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred.
- Relationship Building
- Service Level Management
- Community/Landlord Relations
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Management
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Legal Professional Skills
- Contract Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.
Application Deadline 18th September, 2018.