Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Mission – NCA
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Webcruiter ID: 3927986086
Job Type: Full-time
- This is a 12 month engagement starting ASAP.
- NCA uses an electronic recruitment portal. Candidates are kindly asked to submit their CV and application (limited to one page each) through this electronic recruitment portal. Please note that we only consider candidates who submit their application, CV, and relevant certificates/diplomas through this electronic recruitment portal.
- Do you want to lead Norwegian Church Aid’s humanitarian programs in Nigeria? As Head of Mission, you will be entrusted with managing and building the capacity of the current staff, as well as national partners, initiating and guiding funding processes, and building strong partnerships across all areas of the organization and with colleagues in the field and at the head quarter. NCA initiated humanitarian action in Borno during spring 2017 and have later expanded the work to other provinces in WASH and GBViE. Today.
- Our effort include working with IDPs in LGAs and urban centers, and with refugees from Cameroon.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria and falls under the Department for International programmes, Humanitarian Division. You will be part of a multicultural work environment with highly competent and professional colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage effectively NCA teams in Maiduguri and in south Nigeria, which include 35 staff members including 5 expatriates.
- Strategically develop and lead NCAs programs and projects and develop collaborative relations and partnerships with other relevant humanitarian actors.
- Initiate new project interventions with focus on GBV and WASH by use of the humanitarian programme circle and solid needs assessment and planning
- Follow-up and ensure compliance with grant agreements including budgeting, monitoring, financial and narrative reporting
- Develop the capacity of our staff and our national partners to provide quality assistance with high attention to accountability to affected populations, Core Humanitarian Standards, and humanitarian principles
- Manage safety and security as well as risks in cooperation with NCAs security advisors
- Advocate for rights of the displaced and to leave no one behind
- Experience working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams
- Experience with GBV and WASH programs are an advantage
- Relevant formal, higher education in a relevant field
- Relevant management experience
- Experience from humanitarian responses in similar environments
- Fluency in English, written and oral, is a requirement
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport as well as motivate both individuals and groups
- Structured, targeted and result oriented
- The person employed must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid´s Christian values
We can offer
- Important and exciting tasks within a humanitarian response
- R&R scheme with good insurance/pension insurance benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th September, 2018.