IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Reports To: Manager, Business Demand & Application
- Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of the company’s database management system (DBMS).
- Establish user needs and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor DBMS performance and manage parameters to enhance responsiveness to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility of DBMS for end-users.
- Map out conceptual design for DBMS. Also install and test new versions.
- Refine logical design of the DBMS in order to translate to a specific data model. Also further refine physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act (UK).
- Prepare database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control DBMS access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for the DBMS.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers, and multi-media programmers.
- Communicate regularly with Technical, Applications, and Operations functions to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Knowledge Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Database & Storage Administration
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- At least 7-8 years’ demonstrable expertise in database, SQL, and application performance tuning.
- Able to work effectively with IT project and infrastructure teams.
- Experience in configuration, maintenance, and administration of Postgrad environment.
Job Title: Quantitative Analyst
Reports To: Senior Manager – Business Planning & Intelligence
- This position is responsible for developing statistical and optimization models and tools to assist the Business Planning & Intelligence team within Finance to extract value from the asset portfolio pool.
- Monitor ongoing business processes and operations and assist in implementing risk mitigation processes.
- Produce reports on a timely basis to be used by management in assessing various business risk and return characteristic
- Monitor asset and liability holdings and maintain spreadsheets necessary to analyze portfolios.
- Analyze and monitor new developments in portfolio analytics and risk management space and proactively create tools and measures to enable the Financial Planning & Analysis team to leverage such expertise.
- Work with software and system engineers to implement and support ongoing and rapid development and testing of research ideas and models as well as their deployment to end-users and stakeholders.
- Implement methods of monitoring model risk.
- Continuously monitor model performance and quality, and perform stress testing on various KPIs.
- Implement models in a large framework of existing models and processes, develop methods for testing models, and document model changes and processes.
- Build, refine and manage statistical and optimization models for macroeconomic, business, FX, and interest rate risks, and recommend mitigation options.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, independent, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize in fast-paced work environment
- Strong quantitative and programming skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in logic and programming via functional programming platforms, e.g. MatLab, Python, R, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in portfolio optimization, mathematics, and business risk measurement and management techniques.
- Excellent understanding of model testing, validation, and development.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel and Access) as well as other financial and statistical software packages.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in quantitative disciplines (Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or other relevant fields)
- 3-5 years working experience; must have experience in working with large data sets.
- Extensive familiarity with analytics and risk management as they relate to the telecommunications sector, including trends, issues, and developments.
Job Title: Regional Legal Counsel
Reports To: Regional Legal Manager
- Assist in the resolution of legal matters and advise management on any legal peculiarities of the Company.
- Ensuring proper negotiation and settlement of litigation issues
- Liaising with Contractors
- Assist in monitoring and studying the impact of new laws, regulations and legislation that may affect IHS’s activities and make recommendations to the Head of Legal.
- Ensure that IHS’s case and legal position in litigation is adequately represented and associated risks to the organization are mitigated.
- Assist in resolution of any dispute by and against IHS and manage IHS legal exposure at the regions
- Assist in the preparation and review of regulatory dispute resolution submissions at the regions.
- Participate in the set up and maintenance of a database of all property documents and other related legal documentation in the regions.
- Ensure safe custody of all litigation/dispute resolution files and documents.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinating all escalated issues and follow up to conclusion – keep a track of all escalations, provide update to the collating department i.e. commercial, deployment, operations etc.
- Update the weekly report and share with all regional counsel
- Provide updates for inter departmental use on access issues and related matters
- Updating the general database with new information on new acquisition – ensuring new sites information are up to date on the general tracker
- Following up on new sites that Lease Agreements have not been received through SAQ and our documentation team.
- Supporting of other regional counsels with information needed and documentations as the case may be.
- Receiving of correspondence and ensuring a timely response is sent out – ensure follow up on correspondence, keep it filed for record purposes
- Facilitation of access to lease sites and coordination
- Resolution of title and other lease related matters
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Regional Legal Manager and Legal Director.
Education & Experience
- Graduate Law Degree
- 3-4 years’ Experience
- Litigation Management
- Estate Management
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Legal Professional Skills
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Relationship Building
- Service Level Management
- Community/ Landlord Relations
- Financial Acumen
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject, the name and location of the role.
Application Deadline 1st October, 2018.