BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa’s clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, Ghana, and the DRC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- As part of the finance and accounting team, the finance manager will be responsible for the preparation of management reports for BitPesa entities, in different jurisdictions and in more than 10 currencies.
- The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects.
- Assist in expense policy enforcement, check and reconciliation
- Ensuring compliance with Tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated, – i.e VAT, WHT, Income Tax, and others as stipulated by tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Manage and oversee individual external audit exercise and assisting with the Group consolidated audit
- Maintain complete books of records of subsidiaries including booking of accounting transaction in accounting software, preparation of month end P&L and balance sheet, bank and treasury system reconciliations, inter-company transactions and reconciliation in line with the controller’s guidance
- Assist with the preparation of consolidation management accounts as needed by the controller
- Assist with the preparation of inter-company reconciliations
- Budget reports
- Budget vs Actual report preparations and variance analysis
- FP&A duties as needed
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory reports
- Monitor regulated entity capital requirements and balance sheet ratios
- Any other duty as assigned by Senior Finance Manager and the CFO
- Results driven and attentive to details
- Experience in preparing financial reports for complex, multi-currency entities
- Experience in managing tax/statutory reports and other regulatory reports for different jurisdictions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- University degree, Certified accountant – ACA, ACCA, CPA
- Advance MS Excel skills
- Desire to work at a fast-paced growing startup (60 people)
- Self-starter and independent
- Good problem solving skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply