MIT-Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT), a teaching – focused fellowship, offered by MISTI at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) together with its corporate partner NNPC/TOTAL, invites applications for:
Title: MIT-Empowering the Teachers Program (Fall 2019 – Spring 2020)
- MIT-ETT enables Nigerian faculty in science and engineering to experience a semester at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Selected fellows will observe instruction in their disciplines and work as a group under the guidance of MIT faculty member to prepare innovative curricula and approaches to teaching that can be introduced into their home universities on their return.
MIT-ETT will select a number of outstanding young faculty fellows from the disciplines of electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering and petroleum engineering from Nigerian universities to spend a semester at MIT either in the FaIl 2019 (September-December 2019) or in the Spring 2020 (February-May 2020).
During their semester at MIT, the selected faculty will observe at least two classes similar to ones they themselves currently teach (including lectures, recitations and tutorials). They will work on new curricular materials and teaching approaches for adoption in their own classes, they will attend two weekly MIT-ETT seminars, one which will focus on curriculum design and the other will introduce the faculty to MIT cultural aspects such as: online teaching, problem solving, entrepreneurship, public speaking, networking, and more.
MIT-ETT welcomes applications from all qualified faculty who are:
- Interested in developing new curriculum and teaching methods and consider themselves to be change-agents;
- A faculty member holding a PhD and teach in a department corresponding to Computer Science Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering at a university in Nigeria;
- Lecturer One rank.
MIT-ETT will cover basic travel, living and instructional materials expenses of the participants. The home universities of the successful applicants will commit to provide paid leaves of absence during the period of the MIT program.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following Documents below as One (non-secured) PDF attachment in One email to: email@example.com
- The completed Application Form;
- A copy of your current curriculum vitae (please include which coding languages you know);
- A copy of 1 research paper and 1 conference paper that best represents your work/your areas of interest.
Application Deadline 18th November, 2018.
- Applications will be thoroughly vetted
- An MIT committee will establish a list of top candidates. Candidates in Nigeria will be interviewed in Abuja by MIT faculty and representatives of NNPC and TOTAL during the last week of January 2019. Selected candidates will be notified of their date and time in early January 2019.
- Incomplete applications will *Not* be considered.