Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Change Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos HQ
Type of Job: Employee
Reports to: Head of DBS, Western and Central Africa
- Diageo Business Services (DBS) is a multi-functional global shared services function established to liberate and equip markets to deliver the Diageo Performance Ambition. Under-pinned by secure and stable operations and putting customers and consumers at the heart of everything we do.
- DBS delivers services to all Diageo markets and across all functions. This Change manager will typically operate within Western and Central Africa region, comprising Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria and partner markets in and around this zone. The ability for this role to deliver change across different markets, functions, cultures etc. is critical.
- Monitors and reports progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics and return to productivity measures.
- Defines the series and sequence of activities to bring stakeholders to the required level of commitment, prior to going live.
- The Change Manager creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the “business as usual” environment.
- Determines the readiness levels of business users with regard to upcoming changes; uncovers readiness gaps and creates and implements action plans to close the gaps prior to going live.
- Assists the user community in the provision of transition support and change planning, and liaises with the project team.
- Uses extensive business knowledge to define the steps the business must take in order to accept and implement new IT-enabled processes, and communicates these steps to senior business managers, ensuring that they are committed to the change programme.
- Ensures that full account is taken of the practicalities of integrating the new technical capabilities into the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate candidates for migration, etc.
- Initiates the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to undertake, to prepare for new technical components and technologies.
- Assesses the readiness of business units to complete the necessary transformation, and ensures that they deliver site implementation plans, which align with the overall plan. Tracks and reports progress.
- Defines and manages the activities to ensure achievement of the benefits described in the business case.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Be able to manage and influence virtual remote teams to meet project and change management objectives
- Communications – must have strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Self-motivated, confident and well organized approach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant field. Additional qualifications in relevant field can be added.
- Certification in project or program management will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 year demonstrable experience in Change implementation planning and management, driving change as part of business as usual operations or as part of a project/program
- Effective stakeholder management & relationships with strong influencing skills
- Has a sound understanding of risk and benefits management.
- Understands the interdependencies of business processes and information systems.
- Ability to work with multiple markets and cultures effectively
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply