Evidence Action Development Initiative is an organization working to scale proven interventions to improve the lives of the poor in Africa and Asia. There is a gap between what research shows is effective in development and what happens in practice. Evidence Action Development Initiative scales proven development interventions and crafts resilient business models for long run success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Field Monitoring, MLIS
Location: Abuja with travel to program implementation states i.e. Oyo, Ogun, Rivers, Cross Rivers
Job level: 3
Department: Monitoring, Learning and Information Systems (MLIS).
Reports to: Senior Associate, Field Monitoring, MLIS
- Monitoring, Learning and Information Systems is creating a position for Associate, Field Monitoring, MLIS to support Deworm the World – Nigeria, which is expanding substantially and requires in- country M & E support.
- This position will support M&E activities in current program implementation states i.e. Oyo, Ogun, Cross Rivers and Rivers and any other new states that the program may expand to.
Duties and responsibilities
- Train data collection personnel for field work
- Verify data and results from vendors or other partners through data reviews, checks and field visit
- Support the sourcing for vendors to support MLIS with data collection needs
- Draft and/or review terms of reference for data collection vendors.
- Directly manage timelines and deliverables by data collection vendor.
- Participate in program planning meetings, and generally support the Program towards program goals.
- Accurately and timely raise issues/suggestion/areas of concerns around process monitoring
- Perform any other monitoring, evaluation and learning duties as may be required and assigned.
- Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience programming and using electronic data collection platforms, specifically open data kit (ODK).
- Familiar with data entry software (e.g. CSPro) and the ability to quickly learn new software for data management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel on short notice, to multi-task, to work in ambiguity and to respond instruction from multiple source.
- Naturally inquisitive, sceptical, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and organized;
- Inspired by Evidence Action’s mission to bring proven interventions to scale, improving the lives of millions;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with strong Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics; a postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience of M&E on programs in Nigeria specifically community work relative to public health programs.
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 1 year of practical experience managing and working directly with large teams and data;
- This position will require frequent travel across program implementation states.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Evidence Action Development Initiative is an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.