IPI PowerTech, is a member of the IPT PowerTech group of companies that delivers specialized solutions to the power, industrial and telecom sectors in Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries. Since our inception in 1993, we have grown into a leading power solutions company, combining power expertise with telecom infrastructure specialization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Employment Type: Contract
Job Duration: Three Months
- As we look to commence a Data Centre Project, we would require the services of a Project Accountant who will handle the accounting aspect of the project.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to the Project Manager.
- Prepare special project analyses for the Project Manager.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include reconcilement.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Input owner billings, change and purchase orders, subcontracts and journal entries.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Effectively communicate with Project Manager regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing and payments.
- Mail final invoices file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Maintain the projects billing and payment folder, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements.
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Knowledge of accounting software especially Microsoft Navision.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- First degree in Accounting or business is preferred.
- ICAN or ACCA certified.
- At least 4 years general accounting experience with at least 2 years as a Project Accountant.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply