The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PSS Facilitator
Locations: Borno State (BAMA and RANN)
Slot: 4 Opening
- The PSS Facilitator has the knowledge and practical skills to carry out focused psychosocial support activities with children at high risk of vulnerability. Focused PSS activities will be carried out in line with individual organization and interagency guidelines.
- The intention of this position is to build the resilience of Most Vulnerable children through Psychosocial Support activities.
- The Facilitator implements the activities in a manner that leaves considerable positive impact on children.
Planning and implementation Responsibilities:
- Assess the main similar needs / issues faced by the targeted community group of children.
- Form a homogenous group based on similar issues or characteristics between all children members.
- Develop an action plan of PSS activities, topics and other type of interventions with the group based on a Group intervention approach.
- Implement these sessions on a periodical manner and evaluate each session with the children as well as with the PSS Officer.
- Revise sessions according to each feedback/evaluation and constantly adapt approaches and exercises.
- Promote and ensure the Children participation in all activities.
- Ensure that all activities are done in an appropriate location in line with minimum standards.
- Document all necessary feedback and provide regular monitoring report to the project coordinator on the progress of children.
- Ensure that parents receive regular feedback and advice on their children progress and interaction.
- Ensure that all children and caregivers are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanism.
- Refer cases of children when needed.
- Ensure the use of good facilitation skills that make the children feel comfortable and enhance their participation and personal development.
- Ensure that children are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activity and that they feel safe and respected.
- Positively interact with children and encourage them to express their needs and ensure their safety.
- Ensure participation of children in the focused program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Provide all material needed for each activity.
- Respect and Abide to the organizations internal code of conduct and child protection policy.
- Case Management; Reporting and Referring
- Report all the cases to the project manager / case worker.
- Refer children attending PSS activities to case management agencies working in the area when needed.
Safety and Security Responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security environment within PSS Centre.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to Project Coordinator
Educational Qualification and Competencies
- B.Sc, HND or ND in a Social Development related field, (Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Specialized Education).
- At least 1 years’ experience working with children and preferably high risk children and/or refugee/ vulnerable population
- Knowledge in Child Protection.
- Strong facilitation and organizational skills;
- Motivated-and ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skills (including active listening);
- Good in written and spoken English and hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri is an added advantage.
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Location: Borno (BAMA and RANN)
- The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women through provision of safe and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines.
- The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in the Borno State areas ensuring high-quality case management service delivery.
- The post holder shall be ready to be mobile and conduct a significant part of his/her work in outreach.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on projects evolving needs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with the Case Management Team Leader to arrange case conferences for complex child protection cases and ensure children receive multidisciplinary support
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Regularly document cases using agreed upon forms, update databases to ensure a comprehensive record of the case
- Ensure that data collection and storage respect data protection protocols and confidentiality principle
- Ensure that the consent/assent to proceed with the case management is sought
- Identify, map and network with external service providers and ensure that an effective referral system is made available
- Establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target beneficiaries, communities and all the other actors responding to the crisis
- Seek for synergies to optimize resources and time and strengthening services for the beneficiaries whenever possible
- When needed, accompany beneficiaries to external services providers in order to assist and facilitate their access to different type of services
- Participate in surveys and data collection when required
- Ensure timely submission of plans and reports to the line manager
- To be willing to work with a flexible working schedule (weekends included)
- Implementation of case management activities for vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women
- Accept and handle referrals of protection cases done by governmental authorities and/or child protection agencies in accordance with the standardized case management steps and procedures
- When requested, conduct community outreach for the identification of the most vulnerable and at risk populations
- Conduct assessments and prioritize them according to the risk level of each individual
- Develop an initial individual action plan for new identifications and ensure re-assessment of referred cases based on the evolving needs of beneficiaries
- Regularly follow up the assigned case to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed timeframes. Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- Regularly monitor and provide support to individuals through home visits, providing guidance, advice and emotional support, community mediation and referrals
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure CHAD INTL Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and GBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Hausa and Kanuri languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/ Child’s Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline
- Work experience: Minimum 2 year experience in the field of child protection / protection/ SGBV/ social work / case management
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications,updated CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the job position eg: “Case Worker” in the subject line of your mail.
Apply in person at:
Centre for Community Health and Development International
Bulumkutu Kano Road Maiduguri,
Application Deadline 7th December, 2018.
Note: The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.