Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
- Pact seeks a Program Manager for an anticipated project that aims to strengthen rural economic development and improve commercial viability of mini-grids through productive use of renewable energy in Nigeria.
- The program will pilot, refine, and position for scale-up a financing model that offers low-interest financing for energy efficient electrical appliances and equipment to households and micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- The program will provide support to MSME to identify new business opportunities and enhance existing enterprises through energy use. It will ensure inclusivity and will work to provide new opportunities for women to participate and benefit from the program interventions.
- This position is contingent on award of funding.
- The Program Manager will oversee and guide the implementation of all project activities.
- S/he will oversee financial management of the project.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning to ensure success of this pilot program and position it for scale-up.
- The Program Manager will supervise one to two project staff.
- S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to the donor, Government authorities at national and local levels, and other key stakeholders.
- S/he will lead the development and delivery of program trainings and technical assistance and ensure the technical quality of all project activities.
Technical and Management Leadership:
- Coordinate with key institutional stakeholders on selection of target project sites, ensuring buy-in and key stakeholder support
- Develop and lead technical training activities, including trainings on productive use of energy, enterprise development, business planning, low-interest community financing, etc.
- Oversee the quality of all technical activities
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and learning reviews for further refinement of project models and activities
- Participate in relevant stakeholder meetings organized by the donor and others to ensure close coordination with key projects and stakeholders
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested
- Supervise and work closely with a Program Assistant in implementation of project activities
- Prepare work plans and regular donor reports for the project
- Ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan through the day-to-day planning, management, and implementation of activities
- Ensure effective and efficient financial resources management
- Ensures integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program through oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the project
- Ensure application of Pact’s and donor rules and regulations
- Participate in internal control mechanisms for adherence to World Bank rules and regulations in contracts, assets, and procurement
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning:
- Oversee project’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities
- Ensure effective monitoring of project indicators and data quality
- Facilitate project learning reviews to support refinement of project models and activities for scale-up
- Participate in relevant knowledge networks to facilitate sharing of best practices
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business, Engineering, Finance or another relevant field
- 5 years of relevant experience working on energy issues in the developing country or emerging market context
- Prior experience managing and supervising staff, building cohesive teams, and proven ability to lead teams to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing programs in resource-constrained communities in Nigeria
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Strong planning and time management skills
- 5 years of experience in senior positions managing implementation of community-level projects focused on local economic development and enterprise growth
- Experience effectively working with governments, international organizations, civil society organizations, and communities to deliver project outcomes
- Prior experience with World Bank-funded programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected]
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV/Resume/Applications MUST be in either MS Word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 17th January, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!