Oasis Africa Consulting – Our client is a beverage company with strong growth plans, backed by international investors, it currently seeking to recruit qualified candidate, who is ambitious to develop him/herself to an outstanding leader within the Group to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Technician
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- Automation technicians repair and maintain the computer-controlled systems and robotic devices used within industrial facilities to reduce human intervention and maximize efficiency.
- Their duties require knowledge of electronics, mechanics and computers.
- Employers may prefer candidates that have obtained an associate degree; optional industry certifications are also available.
- Knowledge of Preventive & Predictive maintenance Programs
- Hands on experience in the field of F&B industries.
- Knowledge Pneumatics & Hydraulics.
- Automation technicians troubleshoot, service and fix the issues in Beverages line.
- Good Knowledge of PLC Programming.
- Knowledge of Low voltage electrical system
- Independently trouble shoot the routine issues in the machines
- Knowledge 5’s & TPM
Duties of Automation Technicians
- Automation technicians perform routine diagnostic checks on automated systems, monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform repairs. For example, technicians at a food packaging facility use weights or specialized instruments to ensure the machines are dispensing the correct amount of food into containers.
- If a problem occurs, the technician needs to troubleshoot the issue and determine if the problem is mechanical, electrical or from the computer systems controlling the process.
- Once the issue has been diagnosed, the technician must repair or replace any necessary components, such as a sensor or electrical wiring.
- Educational Qualification Optional certifications available from the Electronics Technical Diploma.
- Preferred Experience Minimum 3-5 Years experience Beverages industry having Knowledge of Blower /filler/mixer /palletizer etc.(Preferably Coca cola, Bigi, RC Cola & Pepsi Industries)
Requirements to Become an Automation Technician:
- These degree programs integrate computer science with mechanics, electronics and process controls, They also commonly include coursework in hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces.
- Good math and analytic skills are essential to understand automated systems and isolate problems.
- Workers are expected to become proficient with various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multimeters.
- Employers may prefer applicants who have completed an automation technology or mechatronics associate degree program.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply