Talentsquare – Our client, a technology company founded 3-years ago with The Mission “To transform mobility in Africa”, while building a global brand is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The Head of Operations will play a key role in fulfilling the promises the company made to their customers and in meeting those customers’ expectations. The person is responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all operational process matters within the organization.
- The Head of Operations will oversee the following sub departments: Asset Management, Driver Recruitment, Driver On-boarding and Performance & Experience Management. While each sub-department covers a range of functions, each with its own challenges and skills, the head of Operations must ensure synergy in the Operations, understanding that syncing work in the Operations department is pivotal to the overall success of the business.
- Execute overarching strategic objectives for the company as it pertains to the Core Operations.
- Develop Operational plans and procedures.
- Establish policies in the operations department that promote company culture and vision.
- Build easy to replicate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversee and manage weekly operations across all sub-departments.
- Prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for the management team.
- Manage company operational costs and introduce tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Adhere to legal business requirements and enforce compliance, taking action when necessary.
- Create operations program road map and ensure scope, schedule, and budget are established.
- Define project deliverable, milestones, and required tasks across the Operations Department.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands.
- Drive company’s operating capabilities to exceed corporate objectives.
- Monitor and key performance metrics across all the sub-units in the operations department.
- Conduct issue and risk analysis identifying roadblocks, assessing them systematically and developing recovery plans.
- Assess and implement improved processes across all sub-departments.
- Delegate responsibilities to ensure team heads grow as capable participants.
- Motivate team heads to meet or surpass operation goals
- Coordinate performance reviews for operations team members in a prudent manner.
- Employ various initiatives to coach team members to optimize their capabilities.
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Assist the CFO with financial projections and analyses of existing operations initiatives and policies.
- Critical Thinking – Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Material Resources – Ensure the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials at all levels.
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening – Gives full attention to what other people say, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work – able to identify the best person for a job.
- Project and Risk Management.
- Industry and IT knowledge.
- Leadership Skills.
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- 10 years+ experience managing a complex enterprise’s human resources, finances, operations and strategies.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise.
- Hands on experience in fundraising, strategic planning and business development.
- In-depth knowledge of different business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Strategic Planning and Business Development.
- Financial Analysis and Accounting Knowledge.
- Budgeting and Sales Experience.
- Complex Problem Solving – Able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management – Manage own’s time and the time of others.
- This is a full-time position, based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply