INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Collection Officer
Location: Bama; Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Starting Date: 15th March, 2019
Duration of contract: 3 month (Renewable)
Reporting to: WH In-charge
General Context of the Project
- The AoG armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria.
- The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers. The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also
- been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The WH Data Collection & Storage Officer should be responsible, under overall supervision of WH In-charge, of the general Warehouse activities, assessment &
- analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with
- the donor, and that these activities are achieving timely results. During absence of WH Incharge, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Lead.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard INTERSOS inventory management policies and procedure;
- Provide information and logistics support to partners and warehouse staff where necessary;
- Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all partners using the storage facility.
- Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with INTERSOS standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer) BOTH SOFT and Hard Copies.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and other relevant documents.
- Update as per INTERSOS requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge and in relation to WFP standard of operations (SOPs).
- Support in preparing and sending to the warehouse and supply chain coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Cargo tracking on RITA software with the warehouse in- charge and proper takeover in his absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly/mid term / final data reports;
- Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
- Take record of car data
- Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record
- Archive every day problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
- Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Collect accurate data for generator usage
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools
- Support the project manager to compile data and present quality statistics that meet user needs and contribute to decision making;
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Duty Station: Maiduguri (50%) and Field Bases (50%)
Starting Date: 1 st of April 2018
Duration of contract: 2 month (renewable)
Reporting to: Log Coord
General context of the project
- The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State,
- North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers. The Armed
- Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social
- services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent.
- Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Logistic Officer should provide overall supervision to logistic activities including staff facilitation in terms of office management / guesthouse management under direct supervision of Log Coord. During absence of Lof
- Coordinator, position will be wholly accountable for project under direct supervision of Head of Base /or Supply Chain Coord.
- Take part in the identification of the sites where work is to be carried out
- Supervise contractions, rehabilitations and or any other technical activities
- Consult the procurement team in Constructions and technical topics
- In charge of preparing drawings & BoQs, technical analysis and dealing with tendering and contracting
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Supervise in terms of logistic support before, during and after distributions / assessment by arranging vehicles, transportation of foods / other supplies
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities, donors’ program staff in field and other key stakeholders for a coordinated implementation of project activities
- Facilitate as per resource in term o.f logistics for office and guesthouse premises
- Take part of procurement process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture;
- Minimum 1 years of experience at national level project technical implementation position preferably in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Familiarity with constructions and technical topics;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language is an advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Competent & with experience in engineering drawings using AutoCAD, familiarity with GPS / GIS, use of MS Office programs
- Strong attention to detail. The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for situations.
- Position will be based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to all bases in Borno State.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food at duty station;
- For any sort of field / official visit, travel to & from will responsibility of INTERSOS but travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility .
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter ( in PDF format) to: [email protected] Using the Job Position that you are applying for, e.g “Warehouse Data Collection Officer” as the subject of the email. Please save your CV in this format “Surname_HR Manager”.
Application may be submitted also in INTERSOS Office:
No. 14 Mutare Road,
Opp PUI Office,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
Note: Please note that Intersos does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 14th March, 2019.