The Katsina State Institute of Technology and Management (KSITM) is a state of the art tertiary Institution established under the Katsina State Law No.8 of 2013 as amended by Law No.7 of 2015. The Institute offers courses leading to the award of National innovation Diploma (NID) In Technology and Management disciplines. It also offers a wide range of professional and career enhancement programmes, seminars and workshops at advanced certificate levels.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Librarian
- The position is that of the Chief Librarian of the Institute.
- He/she Is responsible to the Rector for the provision of library services in the Institute and maintaining and promoting efficiency and good discipline in the Libraries.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for the post must possess the following;
- Membership of relevant professional bodies;
- Computer literacy and Understanding of the innovative uniqueness of the institute.
- PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized tertiary institution;
- At least fifteen (15) years cognate teaching and administrative experience, ten (10) of which must be in a Polytechnic and any other Institution of Higher learning;
- A very good overall performance wIth a record of academic and administrative competence;
- A concrete evidence of contribution to the advancement of knowledge and service to the community;
Terms of Appointment
- Successful candidate shall be appointed for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of tour (4) years only.
- The salary for the position is consolidated and the appointee shail be paid other benefits as may be approved from time to time by the institute’s Governing Council.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit Ten (10) copies of their Applications and Curriculum vitae as well as photocopies of credentials.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Post of Librarian” to:
Katsina State Institute of Technology and Management,
PM,B. 2101, Katsina,
Application Deadline 19th March, 2019.
- Only candidates considered to be suitable will be invited for interview.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover directly to the “Registrar, Katsina State institute of Technology and Management” before the closing date.