Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners, ensures their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Logistics Officer
Location: MMC, Borno with regular travel to the deep- field locations
Department / Sector: Finance and Administration
Reporting to: Finance and Admin. Manager
Start Date: ASAP
- Supervise and support the logistics staff and ensuring proper usage of implemented logistics procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure the logistics staff are able to deliver work of quality by providing coaching, training, and guidelines.
- To assess the logistical capacity of NCA Nigeria on a continuous basis and to make recommendations to ensure this is maintained at adequate levels for the needs of the operation.
- To develop, supervise and monitor the vehicle and transport fleet management routines in cooperation with the Administration officer.
- To manage the supply chain on all items by ensuring that the Operation is well-prepared to manage incoming supplies.
- To provide assessment and reports of the job performance evaluations of logistics personnel (PDR).
- To take the lead responsibility for the international & local procurement and tender procedures for supplies used in the programme. This will include contracting, warehousing, transport, vehicle fleet management, and asset management within a framework agreed under the Nigerian Program office.
- To implement and develop the present requisitioning, purchasing, clearance, transport, warehousing systems, including storage and stock control systems and the issuing of supplies.
- To be responsible for the requisitioning of assets according to the agreed programme budget lines, maintaining and developing a proper asset control and tracking system.
- To maintain accurate records and submit reports as appropriate for procurement, supply chain, fleet and asset management.
- To liaise with the management over the recruitment of other logistics staff and to supervise them accordingly, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
- Management of budgets and ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Experience of conducting training workshops in all areas of logistics for staff.
- Commitment and demonstrated skills to build national staff capacity in the areas of logistics management, supervision and monitoring
- Experience any online logistics systems
- Proficiency in MS word and Excel and other packages relevant to the position.
- Four years’ experience in Logistics within the field of humanitarian relief programmes
- Experience in implementing large scale competitive procurement including international procurements
- Proven record of management of a logistics team.
- University degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or other relevant subject.
- Personnel management and leadership skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to train others in relevant skills
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Flexibility in the workplace.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send all Applications to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no
Application Deadline 15th March, 2019
- Kindly include three referees in your applications, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your current or former organisation/institution.
- Please note that candidate is required to start as soon as possible.