Stresert Services Limited – Our client is a downstream Oil and Gas organization. Their operations include Petroleum, Haulage/Distribution, Product Storage and Retail Sales of products which includes Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Logistics Services
Job ref: R-HLS319
- To direct, manage and coordinate the organization’s Logistics business in line with agreed Group targets and strategic objectives.
- To initiate, maintain and grow customer relationships and oversee the implementation of superior petroleum product distribution / delivery standards within the Logistics business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages with Executive Management to develop the Logistics strategic objectives, goals and targets in line with the Group strategy
- Communicates the strategy within the Logistics business and leads its execution
- Engages with relevant internal colleagues and establishes and implements documentation standards, procedures and tools for shipments and transportation
- Establishes and implements measures to monitor and report delays or variances in inbound/outbound deliveries to the appropriate parties
- Conducts periodic checks and inspection on the fleet of trucks to ascertain road worthiness
- Oversees the fleet maintenance and replacement planning process, advises management as appropriate
- Reviews periodic reports on all Logistics related transactions
- Prepares the annual budgets and monitors performance to ensure that variances are avoided or minimised
- Allocates required resources and approves requisitions in line with the budgets and laid down controls
- Drives the development and cultivation of positive business relationships with the organization’s customers and vendors; directs pricing and performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs
- Establishes procedures and practice standards for the dispatching, routing, and tracking of petroleum products transportation in line with relevant Group standards and local, government and international regulations
- Oversees and monitors operational and service performance against targets and reports to management at agreed intervals
- Participates in the recruitment of Logistics employees e.g. Truck Drivers
- Oversees and directs the consistent enforcement of applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations in the Logistics business.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in logistics, supply chain management and transportation of petroleum products
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc./HND) in Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related discipline is an advantage
- Professional certification in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
Skills and Competencies
- Logistics and Distribution management including truck management
- Industry and business knowledge including imports and exports
- Knowledge of transport / trucking operations
- Delivery route planning
- Risk management
- Demand Management and Forecasting and use of Logistics Application Support Tools
- Knowledge of applicable transport/driving/traffic/safety regulations – local or international.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Stakeholder Management
- Planning and organising
Key Performance Metrics
- Process turnaround time for delivery of petroleum products
- Total percentage of on time delivery within a financial year
- Frequency of truck unavailability for container delivery
- Frequency of truck accidents, break downs and cargo theft
- Efficiency of the organizations owned and 3rd party trucks based on cost and profitability
Cost Management and Revenue Generation:
- Revenue generation/profitability
- Amount of cost savings
Budgeting and Budget Management:
- Variance of actual to approved budgets
- Turnaround time for preparation and submission of Logistics budgets
Business Development and Customer Service Management:
- Percentage increase in active customer base
- Percentage of on time delivery of customer’s consignment
- Customer satisfaction index
- Frequency of customer complaints
Risk Management and Controls:
- Frequency and impact of controls gaps in logistics procedures
- Number of detected breaches in internal controls
- Security Awareness among employees
- Availability of safety gadgets and equipment
- Number of accidents reported due to non-compliance with safety procedures
Salary ranges between N7.5 – 7.9 million annual gross
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘R-HLS319’ as the subject of the application.
Note: Candidates who meet the above requirements will be invited for interviews.
Application Deadline: 9th April, 2019.