Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation Finance Manager
Ref No: JR1022377
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Fill time
Worker Type: Regular
Purpose of Role
- The Innovation Finance Manager is a business partner to the Innovation function.
- The role will work closely with the Innovation and Marketing Leadership Team on converting financial analysis into insights that would drive effective decision making.
Driving Business Performance:
- Preparation of Robust Financials to Support Decision Making:
- Preparation of innovation financials to include the value chain, profit and loss account (profit & cash drivers) and make the right business decisions based on data and analysis, particularly:-
- Rigorously challenging the numbers and assumptions from finance and non-finance teams to ensuring completeness, speed and accuracy of data
- Application of logical, analytical techniques and methodologies to create maximum business value from the innovation financials to translate the innovation strategy into positive impact on profitability
Business Performance Management:
- Tracking, analysing and presenting actual financial results (vs. forecast or Gate) to enable the right decisions and/or course corrections to be made, particularly:-
- Leading the innovation BPM process for the business area by identifying the right KPI’s to track, understanding whether or not key strategic initiatives are driving value
Brand Value Enhancement/ Engineering (Re-innovation):
- Support the business agenda on continuous value improvement of products by using financial data to drive and highlight focal areas for enhancement and beneficial impact to the business if actualised.
- Build and maintain a pricing master file to be used as the basis for Export pricing decisions.
- Consistently monitor, update and manage the pricing execution on all beer and spirit export products:-
- Ensuring 100% compliance on approvals and pricing sign off in all instances and promptly communicating updates to relevant stakeholder’s e.g. OTC, sales and marketing team etc.
- Support partners (Local and Global) to ensure team success, build relationships to deliver business results by leveraging and respecting differences.
- Communicate with clarity and impact using multiple channels and to foster open communication throughout the organisation
- Effectively manage the expectations of key stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience with SAP and Magnitude is an added advantage
- Excellent project management skills working with cross-functional teams
- Credible and strong influencer at senior management levels
- Self-starter, highly committed and delivers against goals with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead others through personal impact across the organisation
- Highly numerate and precise with strong analytical and financial modelling track record
- Graduate with Professional qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in an FMCG company
- Strong Commercial/Marketing Finance and Decision Support experience within an FMCG is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!