Ocean Crest Technologies Limited is an indigenous Nigeria construction company with over a decade experience. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil & Structural Engineer
- Inspect the civil and structural materials delivered to the project site for compliance with approved materials data / samples. Ensure that testing of the materials is carried out in accordance with the project specifications and relevant codes/standards. Reject and ensure removal and replacement of non-compliant materials
- Identification & selection of aggregate & sand quarry. Co- ordination with client /Consultants
- Monitor project scope, time, quality and budget as part of the end-to-end project management process and procedures
- Act as the main technical adviser on site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
- Ensure that subordinates on the site are fulfilling their duties correctly with respect to the day to day supervision of the civil and structural works
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors) on the progress report of their projects
- Supervise all legal and financial issues related to Value Engineering, Construction and Operation performance of External professional parties involved
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Getting work done by the staff on site and proper procurement and execution scheduling on site
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise on site
- Inform Resident Engineer and Head of Structures immediately if any serious incident occurs which could affect the safety, stability, serviceability or durability of the structure, adjacent structures, (or temporary structures), whether in the short or long term. If appropriate, instruct emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage
- Prepare daily and weekly progress reports for on-going projects as required
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects
- Assist in preparation of snagging lists//Preparation and issue of Taking Over and Final Completion Certificates for the building works.
- Check/review Contractor’s shop drawings for accuracy of calculations for all structural works, including coordination with all the electrical, mechanical, specialist disciplines and architectural requirements of the project and with all the regulatory requirements
- Implement the contract documents requirements, such as design drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, contract conditions, etc. on site/ responsible for any deviation of sub-contractors’ installation from drawings
- Prepare bill of quantities and quotations in line with project goal and requirements
- Responsible for producing project work plan and execution of complete project with overall responsibilities of co-ordination with client representatives, administrative offices, government agencies, non-government agencies, subcontractors’ supplier’s etc./Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- First Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work related experience
- Excellent Organizational skill
- Good Team Player
- Excellent time management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of mail.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!