Mabest Academy is a co-educational School structured to prepare each student for the journey of life by facing the future challenges with determination and positivism to excel with the highest standard of morality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pre-School Teacher
Job Duties and Tasks
- Facilitate Provision of a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Teach basic skills such as colour, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips. Skills Needed
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of oneself and others to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Abilities Needed
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision Knowledge, Experience, Education Required
- A passion for working with and caring for young children while a degree in education would be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in a Playgroup/Reception/Nursery/ Primary school
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language — Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, and grammar.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Diploma.
Job Title: Year 5 Teacher
Qualification and Attributes
- PGCE, Teaching or Early Years qualification;
- Experience of the EYFS or English curriculum;
- Good grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- A love of children; good ICT skills;
- Sensitivity to the particular needs of international children and a desire to create a truly enriching environment where children thrive and want to give of their best.
Job Title: Toddler Class Assistant
- SSCE Minimum
- 1 Year Experience
- Must stay in or around Akure, Ondo State
- Early Learning & Montessori qualifications are desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft & internet is essential.
- Any form of Phonics training is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2019.
Note: Candidates should reside in Ondo State and Environs.