Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental, youth focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
Job Title: Communication Officer
- We are looking for a communications officer, who’s ready to join our communication team and add value to our PR and developmental strides.
Key Task and Responsibilities
This will include:
- Support production of MyQ quarterly newsletter and other general updates according to the communication and program objectives. For this purpose, gathers information (including interviews) with EVA staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Packaging and disseminating MyQ reports, case studies, tools and other materials to maximize their use; Working closely with the Visual Communication Officer on the layout and design of any external
- The Communications Officer will provide advice and other practical support for the furtherance of MyQ core functions. This will involve:
- Supporting programs team in the development of progress reports to donors and other stakeholders;
- Supporting the ICCS team in mobilizing individuals to participate in campaigns.
- Supporting the fundraising team in the development and execution of fundraising events and campaigns
- Provide support to MyQ staff in the preparation of case studies, research publications, and lessons learnt reports etc. communication materials both offline and online.
- Updating the content of the website on a monthly basis to ensure dissemination of the organizational progress and achievement.
- Proactively seeking new resources where EVA and its work should feature.
Relations with media:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with mass media representatives, news services, editors, etc.
- Source and secure media opportunities for EVA to showcase its work during key commemoration days such as World AIDS Day, Children’s Day; International Women’s Day;
- Prepare news releases and other public briefing notes in relation to key developments in EVA’s work
Social media Engagement:
- The communications officer will work with individual staff to increase EVA’s social media presence to ensure that it improves EVA’s brand presence and remain useful to its stakeholders. This will include:
- Developing creative content for posting on MyQ facebook page, YouthPulse and Instagram page
- Updating all social media outlet at least twice a day with routine information about MyQ program activities
- Responding to comments and request coming from social media postings
- Coordinating the use of social media for reporting on the activities with other individual staff during special events
Demand Creation and Strategy:
- Support the implementation of the demand creation and strategy within the locality and other sites as designated by the project coordinator
- Seek out unique opportunities to promote the MyQ service to young people between the ages of 10-24 years.
- Represent MyQ service at external meetings and programs as designated by the project coordinator
- Support tracking of the implementation of the marketing strategy in states by collating reports from the focal persons
- Support the generation of program monthly reports for the hotline and/or SMS components
- Support the program coordinator in the development of project budgets
- Track and report on project progress and outcome using the organization’s monitoring and evaluation tools
- Source for new funding opportunities and contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers for the project.
- Handle any other task or responsibility assigned by the Program Coordinator, Program manager or ED.
- A B.Sc or HND in Mass Communication or Media Studies
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar position
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Can work under intense pressure without losing focus.
- Strong skills in time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Extensive writing ability
- Excellent Oral communication skills
- Can work with a team to deliver positive results
- Strongly believes in and willing to uphold human rights values and positive youth development
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Organization Unit: Strategy, Learning and Development
Reports to: Head of ProgramsJob Purpose
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for supporting the development, coordination and implementation of EVA’s overall resource mobilization and strategic communications strategy.
- S/he will responsible for strategic relationships and partnerships development and management, proposal writing, fundraising and strategic communication to support EVA’s work.
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will work directly with the Executive Director, Head of Programs Fundraising Officer, Communications Officer and Visual Communications Officer.
- S/he will also work with and coordinate the members of the Senior Management Team in the delivery of key tasks. S/he will supervise the Fundraising Officer, Communications Officer and Visual Communications Officer.
- Time Requirements: Full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the finalization and implementation of a Resource Mobilization and Communications Strategy
- Develop and maintain a current understanding and profile of EVA’s programs
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of EVA’s strategic plan and align with both EVA and donor priorities.
- Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis EVA.
- Lead on the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between EVA and its donors.
- Participate in donor relationship management by ensuring donor retention and growth while cultivating new partners
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Contribute to and review EVA’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilization.
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and EVA requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Review and approve external communication products and content
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with EVA’s Communication Unit to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
- Lead on coordination and implementation of communication strategy and plan awareness to support operations
- Support the Executive Director in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
- Represent EVA at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving EVA’s strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- High level experience of at least 5 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for local or international organizations;
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of EVA with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Optimistic and persuasive;
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th April, 2019.