WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Metering Support Engineer
- Assist Lead instrumentation engineer and Head of section (Head of Instrumentation, Metering & Systems Support) for the updating of the Maintenance Plans including dedicated procedures, spare parts coverage, tools selection and other technical aspects, in accordance with the Maintenance Policy.
- Is together with Lead Metering Engineer focal point for Client concerning technical and commercial (fiscal) metering systems.
- Manage the maintenance and reliability of all metering systems and guarantee the integrity of their measurements.
- Follow-up within all matters concerning metering related contracts (sales, transportation, and/or other agreements)
- In connection with Client concerned entities he shall :
- Prepare and manage maintenance plan, spare inventory and all other related administrative tools in UNISUP as regards Instrumentation, control systems and metering maintenance on site.
- Prepare and update the metering manuals describing the CLIENT technical & fiscal metering equipment as well as related operating procedures. Ensure the proper saving and storage of data back-up, and documentation.
- Ensure that periodical meter proving exercise at our LACT points as well as the prover loop calibrations are carried-out as provided for by the regulations governing operations of such facilities (DPR regulations).
- Ensure that the fiscal gas metering system quarterly validations, NLNG Supply Point Technical and Commercial Ticketing Audit are carried out in compliance with the Gas Utilisation Agreement with the NLNG and the regulations governing operations of such facilities (DPR regulations).
- Ensure that the Fiscal Metering systems are fully operational, accurate and comply with the regulations defined by the Authorities.
- Ensure proper certification of the fiscal metering systems and smooth relations with the DPR with the commercial team.
- Work closely with instrumentation Maintenance Methods during metering interventions and share experience(s) accordingly.
- Provide and clarify flow equation formulae to be entered/ entered on the ICSS.
- He shall provide reports highlighting weekly activity forecast and progress on impending issues as relates metering maintenance to the Head of Maintenance.
- He shall react effectively where necessary to site maintenance requests and manage metering interventions to reduce downtime due to metering systems failure.
- He shall ensure follow up of all metering related site modification requests and issue progress reports accordingly.
- Liase with the Main Maintenance Contractor teams on the necessary corrective actions as relates to the metering systems.
- Specify the new technical and commercial metering systems in co-operation with instrumentation specialists.
- Initiate and follow-up the monitoring of performance for the equipment defined within the Field of Competence including Metering Systems, Fire and Gas detection systems, ESD systems, Security control, etc.
- He shall manage metering maintenance plan and spare inventory with his developed understanding and knowledge of UNISUP and use same for Preventive Maintenance, PM and Material Management, MM- notification, work orders, purchase requisition, material master form creation, etc
- B.Sc / B.Eng. Degree in any Engineering related discipline such as Instrument/Control/Electronic/Automation/Petroleum/Chemical.
- 5 to 10 years working experience in an oil producing, manufacturing or service Company with specialized training/competence in Metering techniques.
- Large Expertise in Metering systems and International Metering Codes (ISO, API, AGA,etc …) Good relational, presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literate, with a knowledge of computerized process systems. Ability to organize a mission campaign in an offshore environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!