KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research, Knowledge & Insights Manager
- The KPMG Nigeria Research, Knowledge and Insights Manager will drive/ support knowledge and insights activities for the Firm and will be responsible and accountable for the availability and quality of knowledge assets contained in Markets repositories.
- He/ she will be responsible for developing and implementing a cohesive strategy that will organise KPMG Nigeria’s thought leadership, research, client insights and knowledge management programmes to deliver quality and value.
- The role involves close collaboration with the KPMG Nigeria’s Macroeconomic Team, strategic accounts’ teams & Lead Partners, and other KPMG Professionals across the both our local and global networks. The individual will also have responsibility for identifying knowledge management and research tools/ solutions. The role will also involve managing a small direct team of Knowledge, Research & Insights Analysts.
- Develop and execute a well thought out strategy for the Research, Knowledge and Insights function, in line with overall objectives of Markets and the Firm.
- Understand and be able to articulate the strategic direction and objectives of the Firm & develop and maintain content strategies, in accordance with the content strategy framework, to meet knowledge requirements (in alignment with the broader GS&M Knowledge Strategy).
- Serve as a single point of contact for the relevant Strategic Growth Initiative (SGI) work stream leads on all matters relating to knowledge management, knowledge sharing and collaboration including identifying means to continuously improve knowledge programs and solutions
- Accountable for ensuring that the firm’s Research, Knowledge and Insights programme leverages leading practices, agreed standards, and aligns with firm-wide KM programs (including taxonomies, UI, and use of offshore resources).
- Advise on available (and recommended) research, competitive intelligence and Go-To-Market products and services.
- Gauge knowledge programme effectiveness and return on investment – including metrics collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure Risk policies related to knowledge sharing and knowledge products are being upheld, including copyright and content licensing agreements.
- Design, develop, and manage deployment of firm communications and awareness programs related to Research, Knowledge and Insights, knowledge sources and relevant tools in full alignment with broader, approved GS&M Knowledge Strategy.
- Work with the firm’s Knowledge Management officer and IT unit to manage the rollout and deployment of KM initiatives.
- Drive the advancement of KPMG Nigeria’s Research, Knowledge & Insights excellence through the adoption of globally recognized leading practice tools and standards.
- Work with the Risk Management function to help ensure Knowledge and Insights entries to local & global knowledge bases do not present a risk in terms of data transfer, reputational risk, client impact, and independence
- Serve as the day to day point of contact for Division and unit leads on all matters related to Knowledge and Insights, including knowledge sharing, and collaboration including identifying means to continuously improve Knowledge and Insights programmes and solutions.
- Establish strong relationships with and act as the conduit for unit and division heads to identify Research, Knowledge and Insights needs/requirements, measures of success, and obtain full participation in the Knowledge and Insights programme.
- Establish, develop and manage subject matter expert networks, including identifying measures of success and communicating roles and expectations of all parties.
- Establish, facilitate, and manage collaborative approaches to knowledge sharing (e.g. Communities of Practice) using firm-wide tools.
- Manage content architecture for assigned content areas i.e. gather requirements for and maintain knowledge channels around all content areas to facilitate easy access to relevant knowledge and/or expertise.
- M.Sc. or MPhil in Economics
- PhD in Economics will be advantage
- Minimum of 8 years of significant experience in research and insights, preferably someone who is currently in a Head of Research and Insights, or in a Senior Research position.
- Deep knowledge of insight capabilities which encourage customer-centricity as well as of contemporary qualitative & quantitative research approaches to evidence commercial propositions
- Ability to develop requirements based on leadership input
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities
- Strong people management and development skills
- Good understanding of KPMG’s marketing and branding principles
- Knowledge Management solution expertise including collaboration/network design and facilitation
- Excellent understanding of content management and content strategy principles
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative work style with strong teaming instincts and ability to look beyond point/ silo type solutions
- Able to lead with minimal direction/supervision with proactive work style
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply